Inspired by Linda R. - updated with pics

I love the colours of this quilt and love your feather meander too it's a fun quilting design to do and fills a space quite quickly.

I have one of those way back when quilts still to quilt in my pile too...never did get the pieced borders just right, like you if I look at the back I can see a big variation in my not so quarter inch seams??

Joan - I did mark the spine with school chalk, but I did not stitch it first before starting the quilting - maybe I should have, I wasn't sure. I did have some difficulty determining direction and spacing and probably spent as much time drawing the lines (and erasing) as I did quilting :D. I kept going back to the drawing that Linda R. provided (I added a link to her post on page one of this post). Oh, and I practised on paper for 2 nights before starting the quilt. That helped a lot.

Originally posted by carolinequilts

Joan - I did mark the spine with school chalk, but I did not stitch it first before starting the quilting - maybe I should have, I wasn't sure. I did have some difficulty determining direction and spacing and probably spent as much time drawing the lines (and erasing) as I did quilting :D. I kept going back to the drawing that Linda R. provided (I added a link to her post on page one of this post). Oh, and I practised on paper for 2 nights before starting the quilt. That helped a lot.

I can't seem to see the link?!

Here is the post - http://www.apqs.com/quiltboard/viewthread.php?tid=31311&page=2

I am trying this again, this time stitching the spine first. Here is a picture of all my chalk lines! I'm just using cheap school chalk and I seem to be able to erase the lines quite easily. I'm using a finger pin cushion as an eraser! It is in the picture too.

post--13461908035594_thumb.jpg

I changed the picture to a better one, but it doesn't have the finger pin cushion in it.

Sheri, I am using Sulky Blendables - Antique Christmas. It is a 35wt thread, pretty heavy for this type of work I think. On the back is a poly serger thread. The back is flannel, so the thread is digging in deep and maybe the thread buildup won't look bad.

Archived