• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quilter - Barbara Long

Piecer - Group Quilt - Pacific Islands Bible Church "Hands on for the Lord"

Pattern and designer - Bright Hopes Block

Size - Cot sized - 52" x 64"

CL Templates used - Swirlz

In our little church, we have 4 soldiers currently stationed in Afganistan. Our sewing/quilting ministry has committed to making/sending comfort quilts to these young men. As I said in an earlier post, my "go-to" board is swirls and since all of these quilts will be scrappy, Aloha, ocean-themed quilts - Swirlz will be perfect for that!

2564540330070690845S500x500Q85.jpg

2207509080070690845S500x500Q85.jpg

Carmen, I am so impressed with what you did with the Waves and Zig Zag template on that last quilt. It is fantastic how you got the most from that template.

I love how you got the full squares in the white inner border. Ingenious. And how you used the same template yet made 2 different designs on the quilt center and borders.

I am in awe of your work.

Quilt Top: Susan

Quilter: Susan

Quilt Pattern: Embroidered Towel Quilt

Circle Lord Template Board: ZigZag and Featherz

I used the ZigZag boards to do the crosshatch on embroidery blocks and the featherz on the white blocks on bottom block. These are cut from towels embroidered by my MIL in 1940 at the age of 12.

post--13461908500481_thumb.jpg

i was trying to post pictures of my oriental monster quilt here for the contest, but I wasnt able to figure out how to copy the pictures over. they were on a camera card that I have somehow missplaced. I used a variety of different templates and rulers. the main templates I used were from the mini ginko in the outside square blocks. I also used some clamshells but those dont show very well.

Michael perhaps you know how to copy the pictures from the other post over. :mad: I just cant seem to get it to work:(

post--13461908532433_thumb.jpg

Archived