Help! The tulips ain't a talkin'

Hey,

This has been on the frame waaaaay too long. I have all the quilting done except for some terry twists in the squares, and these darn flowers. They won't talk. I did some stuff in the background of the corner flowers but nothing in the 'flower' I'm also stuck at to what thread to use as the flowers are such a diverse group of fabircs. Any ideas would b appreciated. This has got to come off the frame!!

Tracey

I'm not Heidi, but I really like what you have already done. Are there some simple hold the tulips in place designs that you can do? I was thinking even of straight radiating lines through the tulips so they still stand out but are held secure. Either 1/4 inch from seams or sid tulips, or lines like veins in the tulips were the ones that came to my mind.

It really is a pretty quilt the way it is, it is almost to bad that you need to do more to it. I know it will be great when you are done.

Originally posted by hmerrill

Tracy I love everything you have done so far. As for the tulips I would probably do an elongated leaf shape for the leaf and make sure you hit where the bud is and do a swirl out to the point and back to the middle and then in the center do a feather swirl, then back down the left side. Make sense?

Any chance you could draw that out....I am not visualizing it (though it is not my quilt -- i just like to absorb other people's design ideas)

;)

Hi! I'm not Heidi, but I'll pop in with some thoughts...

I would keep the quilting designs inside tulips--- simple. Perhaps use some of your "cc" or "line dancing" designs along the piecing in the leaf areas, or even do some type of line dancing motif in the flower bud part. :) Or do some sort of feather (simple, light don't quilt it to death).

Use a simple light design (or something similar/simpler) that you have already used in your quilt. Feather, line dancing or CC. Something cute that isn't overpowering. Something that will make the eye want to look but doesn't take away from the piecing of the very simple flower.

Archived