Spam - Thanks Dawn!!!

I know this forum is free and we are all friends here but....the spam and the amount of it is ruining this otherwise peaceful settlement! I don't visit here like I did for awhile because the enemy has moved in to stay!

There has to be a way to keep out the enemy! We must build a moat and fill it with crocs! We must post centuries on the battlements and arm them with arrows. It is time to draw arms! We are surrounded and we either fight or come out with our hands up! I say we should change this format and fight!

At this writing we are out manned 8-21!!!!

Hi Everyone,

We certainly understand your frustrations and concerns over the spamming and appreciate your continued efforts to report them. I delete them as quickly as possible, but unfortunately the offenders are typically from outside the US and spam during the wee hours of the morning.

We are working on a fresh new website design and are working with a new Forum hosting company that will allow us to put more stringent controls on the forum without restricting the ease and freedom our true users demand and enjoy.

Thank you for your patience. We hope to have the new system in place very shortly, but until then be diligent about reporting spammers and I'll do my best to keep the Forum clean each day to make it more enjoyable for you. We certainly don't want to lose you! :)

Guest Linda S

Yeah Dawn! I am very happy to hear that we will have a new forum with (hopefully) better protections on it. I can generally spot the spam from a mile away, but sometimes I still stumble into it.

I imagine Dawn with all her hats looks like the man in the book from my childhood, HATS FOR SALE. Does anyone else remember Captain Kangaroo reading this book? I know I'm dating myself but I loved Captain Kangaroo, Mr Green Jeans, Grandfather Clock, Mr Moose, Bunny (aka Bun bun), Phoebe and all the other characters from that show. Why don't we have reruns of this show? I know I'd watch!!!

Queenie--you are not the first with this problem. Posting pics is all about your computer and where you store your photos. Different steps for different systems. And yes, I hope the new system makes it easier.

I store my photos on my desktop. No Flickr or the like. Someone will need to give you instructions for those.

I save my photos in a file--usually by the year. I click on the photo, click on "Image" on the toolbar, "resize/resample" at 640-480 pixels, save, click on "file" on the toolbar and then "save as"--renaming the smaller photo so you can find it again. No punctuation should be used in the name, or you won't be able to post it. I then save it to the same file.

To post on the forum--as a free-standing new post, go to the topic that's pertinent and start a new topic. Write your header and text and then click on "choose file". Find the file on your desktop, open it and click the name of your resized photo. See that the name shows in the box on the post. Then post--do not preview or it will remove the photo. If that happens--click in your own "edit" box at the top right of your original post. That will again allow you access to "choose file" and you can add the photo.

This system only allows one photo per post. Add another to the same thread by not using the "quick reply"--instead click on the blue "reply" box at the bottom of the last post. This accesses the "choose file" button so you can put the next photo in a new post.

Hoping this will help you--we all struggled with posting photos.

I'm gonna put this in favs..because it is another way to post pics..if I can't get this way to work, ya'll just won't see any of my work and get critique me so I can feel better about what I am doing. I work with computers all day at work and manage quite well, I just don't want to sit and get so totally frustrated when I get home and can't do the same thing with the home computer.

It says right here on the bottom of this forum that this hasn't been updated? since 2008

Archived