The beauty of friends..update

OK ladies, my mail was just delivered and I can honestly say that I have NEVER been so touched by anything in my life!

When the tears stop I will type more. I will also make sure I get pics taken tonight to post in the morning. Since Elmer quilts, this meant the world to him too. We have just been staring at it in awe.

There is no way you will ever know how much this means.

I will feel the warmth and caring from everyone on the forum each time I look at this quilt, regardless of who made the blocks! It represents a group of people that are like family to me.

My MIL was over recently and was reading the posts on our caringbridge sight. She would read one and ask "who is that" and Elmer would say "one of Cheri's quilting friends". This happened over and over. Finally she said "but they are from everywhere...all across the U.S. Canada and Europe!" Then she said "I worried that Cheri had been too busy since moving here to make friends, but she has TONS of them"

Those notes on the caringbridge site, the emails, thoughts, prayers and this quilt mean so very much to both Elmer and I.

They are all reminders that we are not alone.

We have decided that this is such a great day we are going to get all dressed up and go out for dinner! Thank you to each and every person that is on this forum for showing us so much love and support!!

Guest Linda S

Yeah! Have a good dinner, some dessert, and then come home to snuggle under your new quilt. It's a big hug from all of us. Lisa was awesome in getting this all together.

Archived