NQR Difficult day

I'm writing this through tears as I watch what is unfolding in Connecticut. The terrible loss of innocent children and adults is hard to grasp.

Tell them you love them. Every day. Tell the ones who are important to you, who help you and who are helped by you, who you live with and who you know you can't live without. Tell them you love them.

We've been watching the news coverage since it came on. We have 2 of our grandsons here now and overnight through tomorrow, so we will need to be careful what we allow them to see. They are 8 and 10. I don't expect there to be much more substantial information until tomorrow. Can't imagine those people dealing with this who have to go into that school and investigate, take care of the bodies, etc. Such a horrible tragedy.

Likewise, lots of crying here in Georgia. I can't imagine a community losing that many people, especially children, in one day. I haven't heard the updates, but I suspect that the gunman killed the children in his mother's classroom. I just cannot imagine the horror. My heart goes out to the families, to the first repsonders, and to the community.

Even on tough days with my own daughter, I am reminded how quickly things can go wrong. I was so HAPPY to see her get of the bus this afternoon.

Lynn

I can only share this message from my Pastor - -

Understanding why God allows someone to choose violence, hate, terror ... is hard. Simplistic answers don't help, either. Life can be devastating, and making sense of suffering like this is never a totally satisfying endeavor ... because from our vantage point we can't see everything we need to see in order to know everything we need to know. Still, we keep the faith, knowing there is hope in the promises of a God who doesn't abandon us in our heartbreak, but in fact weeps with us in our darkest valleys. We turn to God in times like this, because nothing less will do, and deep down we know that the world has no answers for bigger than this world problems. We hold fast to the truth of Jesus' resurrection, because his empty tomb reminds us that death - which appears to be so final - doesn't get the last word. God has our enemies covered. So we pray, "Thy Kingdom come" - where there is no violence and no death ... and we pray, "Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven" - that we might find better ways to protect the most innocent among us right now ... and we pray, "Deliver us from evil" - knowing that, in the end, God's light dismisses the darkness ... and the darkness can never take back the light.

Norma Hamilton

So sad, so uncalled for. Our babies! These were our children. Our hearts break for the loves one left to hurt. There is no medicine, no bandage, no ointment to make this better. We will all suffer for them. These little ones will celebrate Christmas in Heaven so they are fine. The ones left behind are the ones we must pray for. May they find some sort of peace in the days to come.

Yes, this is such a tragic event. We all need to make sure we're ready to face eternity at any moment. A scripture I often find comfort from is Romans 8:28 All things work together for good to those who love the Lord. As Sylvia also stated, those left behind definitely need prayers for strength and peace.

Archived