Non-SR w/ Circle Lord?

LadyLake

Do any of you use the Circle Lord or Quiltazoid without the stitch regulator on? I have a friend with an Ultimate 1 and no stitch regulator who has the money to buy either a CL or QZ, if it works with her machine. Didn't I hear a while back that you can buy stitch regulators for the Ult 1?

Thanks for your help.

Hi joan. I don't see why you couldn't use either without a sr. As long as she (he?) is fairly consistent in their speed while using the qz or cl, the designs should turn out just fine. It will take a bit of practice obviously. If she uses the qz spiro attachment, I can see she will really need to be coordinated as you must turn on your machine and be prepared to start turning the spiro arm. again, I believe with practice it can be done.

Is your friend able to use boards without a problem? Perhaps try that out first. The cl or qz would be very similar.

On second thought, the cl uses stepping disks for many of its designs, that might be more difficult than the qz that quilts out its designs in a more fluid manner by using the spiro attachment arm.

Obviously, depends on the type of quilting desired.

Perhaps, others will chime in. maybe something who uses either system.

I think Quiltazoid says you need a stitch regulator, and after using one for nearly 2 years, I'd agree.  Unless your friend is willing to risk the money for the Quiltaziod, understanding that it probably won't work for her, I'd advise against it.  You might be able to manage, but the start seems problematic to me.  Ferrett uses a unregulated Discovery, maybe she could offer an opinion.  I understand she's mastered the machine really well.  Jim

I think you possibly could use without SR, but I find it much easier to use with SR.   Sometimes you need to slow down, hesitate, etc. and the SR makes that much smoother.   It would also probably depend on how detailed the pattern is on the board....smooth and flowing or lots of points, small curves, etc.

Hi,

We've had Non-S/R users ever since we began 10 years ago. It is no different to them than using a pantograph.

It is the the same with our stepping disks. When you step, you stop and start. Our Giant templates are

still easier to do than pantos, with or without S/R.

We also have a lot of setups on Ult 1 machines.

Hope this helps.

Michael

Hi, I have an Ult 1 non S/R and use the CL all the time. Just takes a little practice and it is VERY easy to use. Like every one, LOVE my CL setup and my machine. I have thought of adding ItelliStitch to my machine when I have the money :D. Tell her to go for it and she won't regret it.

• 2 months later...

Hi Joan,

I am selling my machine, but it is a Discovery and they do not have stitch regulators. I have all kinds of CL products and they work great without the SR. I also use the boards and they are great too. They are much easier than a panto and easy to keep the smooth flow. If someone has problems with their stitching without the SR these products will not help that situation. Even stitches are learned with practice, practice, practice.

Hope this helps :D

Pat

• 2 weeks later...

Teresa, I loved the QZ set up on the Lenni, working from the front, gives more view to know where the stitching is to go next. 

I do some work from the back, and am always so tense.. from the front it is more comfortable.

My friend Arthur Itis visited and I had to switch to the Side Saddle Computer program.  It's fun & easy too.

Rita

Archived