Do I need to give this back because...

One of my guild members asked me to quilt this, but I really don't know what to do with it.  It's half of a wall hanging.  She made it for her interior designer daughter.  It's about  28 inches round.  The original pattern just had spiral lines starting from the center and going to the end.   But she didn't do the end part of the quilt.  It looked like two of these one on top of the other.  Anyway, if I don't get any ideas I'll have to give it back.

Beautiful table runner. I almost like that it is a swirl instead of the long ones I've seen pictures of!

When I look at the thumbnail picture I see in my mind the material design focused on a swirling in to the middle and I see the shape of a two feathers petals (like two big paisleys) kissing in the middle: One paisley goes from the bottom center, left, and into the middle. The other paisley goes from the top center, to the right, and into the middle. With the white being a separator for those two feathers petals/paisleys. 

This makes me think maybe some big embellished/detailed feathers using that dark blue as the spine and swirling into the middle. And using where the white/blue meets up as another spine for feathers.

That's all I got!

I have seen this quilted similar to what Bonnie said, but just feathers swirling out from the center point, following the color bands. The feathers start out tiny and get bigger out toward the edge.  It looked wonderful, didn't need to be all that precise, and would be quick.

How about a ribbon?  could be used as many times as you want, and would "grow"  as you spiral to the outside.

I'd not try to stay within one color spiral, rather let it wander a bit into the next color.. or  Like  Christmas Candy. 

Silly ideas,,  ;)     and you will do the perfect thing to make it outstanding, as always.

If you start in the center and stitch from one corner to the next diagonally--even while using a ruler--the eye will be fooled and think it is "spiral" quilting. As the squares/rectangles get larger you can use a template with a very shallow curve to go to the opposite corner. Puffy batting will help with the illusion.

I echo Lyn's thought to do a CC through from corner to corner--a very shallow petal shape will look like fluting through each swath of color.

Good luck and don't let a customer pressure you!

Its got to make you smile to hear everyone cheering you on!  I really like Heidi's idea of treating the three colors in a different way.  It would certainly create a swirl and be so fun to look at.  Whatever you do, it will be lovely, you do awesome work!  Looking forward to seeing the finished product!  Quilt On!   :D

Archived