looking for homespun or plaids...THANK YOU

my daughter, taylor, 16, wants to make a quilt for a friend of ours with breast cancer. tina was diagnosed last month and has already begun chemotherapy treatment. she loves homespuns and americana colors. i am going to hit the thrift stores today (as that is about the only place i can think of) locally i can find fabrics to match what she likes.

here is where you come in. if anybody has fat quarters or 10" squares in plaids in reds/blues, tans or homespuns, that you wouldn't mind gifting us with for this cause, i would be ever so thankful!

i believe due to time, we are going to make a disappearing nine patch with the 10" squares. we will probably add large flower appliques too, to pretty it up.

please send me a message if you think you can help. Thanks!

UPDATE:

Many thanks to LisaE, LisaC, Kathy, Oma and Nancy. Your fabrics arrived yesterday. They are beautiful! :)

Betty and Raechel's fabrics arrived 3.25. Many thanks! Awesome fabrics. :)

Marci and Sheri...your fabrics arrived 3.29 Thank you! :)

Linda and cheri...got your fabrics too. Love the fun prints cheri! Thank you both!

You know what?  Last Saturday I was looking for something and I just happened to come across a bundle of homespun fat quarters in the tan/brown family and I thought to myself...now why did I buy these.  They're yours if you pm me your address. 

post-4696-0-39018400-1363805452_thumb.jpg

I thought I might have a few plaids leftover from a project but I don't see them in my 4th of July/Americana basket. No idea where they could be, probably in the garbage. :( I wish I could have helped your daughter. It's very a kind thought your daughter has to make Tina a quilt. I'm sure it will mean a lot to both of them.

How do I message you on this forum?  I have a stack of homespun in different colors that I collected a couple of years ago for a project but would love to cut up and share with you. There would be enough to share and still have enough for my project too--when I finally get around to it.  

Kristina, I, too, have a lot of homespuns. I have some yardage that could be used for the back; probably at least five yards in a couple of different pieces. I can't remember the colors off the top of my head, but when I get home tonight I'll check. Sounds like you may have enough for the top, but would contribute to that, too, if you need any. My company is having a training class in Ely around April 2nd and I could send them over; you could pick them up wherever their meeting is? Send me a message, I'd love to help, too. I can also email you photos or text them. How wonderful Taylor is doing this! I am also willing to snail mail if she wants them earlier.

Hi Kristina--I have 8+ yards of homespun that was destined to be a chenille throw. It's not Americana colors but might work for the backer with extra for another project. I can get it in a flat rate box and sent off tomorrow if you like.

Hug the kids for me!

post-881-0-70351900-1363805035_thumb.jpg

thanks all. i sent messages to everyone who responded. looks like taylor will have a nice selection of fabric to work with for tina's quilt. :) 

tina started chemo already, and last week, cut off her long hair for Locks of Love. She is such a sweetheart. Her boys are in high school with my girls and run track with them. The youngest boy, who is taylor's age, is having a hard time. breast cancer is not new to this family.  she is the 3rd member of her family to have it. her sister and mom are survivors. she will be too!  

Raechel...sent you a message. 

thanks lisa. 

wow! you gals are terrific...as if i had any doubt!  :)

thanks for all the help. this is not only going to encourage tina, but my taylor too. she hasn't sewn since last summer, and when she asked to do this...i was sure happy. she understands the importance of a quilted hug! 

Thanks all. The generosity is much appreciated. I believe we will have plenty of fabric now for tinas quilt. Taylor is thinking either a disappearing 4 patch...or disappearing 9 patch. She is excited to start sewing. She wants to make one for tina's youngest son too. He isn't handling this well at all. She is sure ambitious! I told her, one at a time and Tina comes first.

Archived