Pictures of my first custom quilt

Hi Everyone,

Finally, I'm posting pics of my first custom quilt that so many of you helped me with.  This was the one that I had such issues turning and it being all puckery.  I followed the great advice on this forum and was able to finish it!  I definitely have a long way to go on the learning curve, but I'm happy with it as a first attempt and my friend loved it.  Thank you to everyone on the forum who has helped me figure out what the heck I'm doing LOL. I appreciate you all.

post-6040-0-92872400-1369072517_thumb.jpg

post-6040-0-47742900-1369072538_thumb.jpg

post-6040-0-84781400-1369072552_thumb.jpg

LOL. This was the "tool" I used for my CCs. LOL, I didn't have anything but a straight ruler, so I guess necessity is the mother of invention LOL.  It worked ok, but I now have some proper rulers. haha.

post-6040-0-96695300-1369072687_thumb.jpg

Thanks everyone for the nice comments.  I am really loving this machine.  Some days I still have to pinch myself to make sure I'm not dreaming LOL.  The circle template worked out pretty well, however the tape had to be replaced a few times because the hopping foot had a tendency to scrape it off.  but it worked in a pinch.  I put some of those True Grips ruler sticky things on the back to help prevent slipping.  Boy, does using rulers take some practice!  Especially stitch in the ditch, or in my case... stitch someplace sorta near the ditch LOL.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived