Sampler quilt

Linda, I am so glad I purchased your book when it came out. There are so many designs in there to choose from!!! Ladies, if you don't have her book ,get it!!!! I,too, have a lot Linda's posts in my "watched file." Your design is perfect for this quilt! Becky

Love the feathers.  And the way you filled the spaces with them.  Always fresh ideas from you.  I also keep pics of your quilts for inspiration.

And I'm lending your book to a good friend soon....I'll be keeping close tabs on that to make sure it comes back to me!  That book is such a great source of ideas for sashings and borders, I love it.

Thanks for sharing Linda!

Thanks everyone!

Sorry, the matching thread on the back didn't show any of the quilting, Patty/sewhappy.

This chain block treatment is my favorite and my customers love it. Draw a spine that encircles the pieced block and make sure the feathers or leaves spin in the same direction for every block. It fills the space, layers on another element of interest, and believe me, you'll be adept at filling the stepped piecing after a very short time!  :)

The quilting is lovely. I hope I can eventually get my feathers and curlicues similar to yours. I will just keep practicing and reading and watching all I can to learn more ways of quilting.

I do have a question as to how you put the thumbnail pictures on. I have a new quilt I wanted to share but my pics are over 3.65 of whatever units they use. I used my digital camera for these. I put them on flickr, but now I don't know how to put them on here. I think the last pictures I posted were done using my cell phone, and they worked. I may have to do that again. Is there a particular program you use to resize?

Archived