MQX Portland - I'll be there. Do I get to see you???

• 2 weeks later...

OK ... I am locked in. I have reserved my room at RiverPlace Hotel in downtown Portland. I will be taking the Max light rail (green line) which is a few blocks walk from the hotel and will drop me right off at the convention center. I will be taking classes at MQX all four days -- Wed, Thurs, Fri & Sat. Please hold a spot for me at the Thursday dinner.  I look forward to seeing you! Getting excited! :D

Shana

• 3 weeks later...

Kay, looking forward to meeting you and so many other amazing APQS Quilters.  

Shauna, I will never forget your glistening description of dust.  Besides God formed us from the dust of the earth...so it's a good thing and I rarely notice it with all the beautiful fabric and quilts completed, or in the making around the house.  (More in process than completed.)

I might be bringing a couple of tops to get quilting tips on.  Dad's not doing well so I'm doing needle turn applique.  What started as a doll quilt is rapidly becoming full size.  Another boarder and triangles off the sides...   It's a good time for bright, cheerful fabric!

I don't know if any of you are beer drinkers, but Portland is well known for it's micro-breweries.  I don't drink it, but my kids have sure put away a lot of it over the years.  It's funny how seriously they take it.  My girlfriend was making home brewed beer 38 years ago when I lived in Portland and she made pretty dang good tasting beer.  Just thought I'd throw that in just in case you get tired of eating all the fantastic food or shopping all the fantastic quilt shop places or heaven forbid you get tired of looking at all the fantastic scenery around there.  Be sure to take your cameras.  So much to do and definitely not enough time to do it all.  I have always loved Portland, but my husband thinks it's too wet.  Oh well...

I have a class Thursday arvo, so may be late for dinner and only make it to dessert. Is there room to bring my hubby to dinner? If not, that's ok. I understand if space constraints limit numbers. :)

Julie,

In previous years people have drifted in as classes allow and just ordered when they get there.  The number of people attending hasn't been limited at the places we have eaten so far.

Happy Sunday everyone! I am looking forward to meeting all of you.

You are welcome to stay anywhere you like..... the room block at the Red Lion is a negotiated price but you are certainly NOT required to stay there. I do not believe that the Red Lion is full.  

A word of warning...... The Inn at the Convention Center is also across the street from the convention center but it is often filled with low income / Section 8 / displaced persons. When Mary and I went to Portland to visit the various hotels, we did visit this property and would not recommend it. We found it unsafe, odorous and not very clean. 

Janet-Lee 
MQX Founder

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Weeeeeee!!!   OMGOSH I am getting sooooooo excited!  :)  :)  :)

I am going to give you all my cell phone # if you want to text me while you're there, let me know! I am taking classes Wed, Thur, Fri & Sat. Here's my cell:  907-322-5721.

Another sister of mine is flying up from Reno so it looks like I am having a family reunion to boot!  We are staying in downtown Portland at a hotel called RiverPlace right on the river.... down town Portland so we can have the "Portlandia" experience LOL!  I am looking forward to dining out at City Grill and a few other places in Portland while I'm there. I also plan on bringing my sisters over to the convention center so they can walk through the quilt show.

Counting down the days! 

Love,

Shana

Archived