PLEASE HELP, NEW MILLIE WON'T RUN

It sounds like some kind of a power problem in your house..............is it possible that there is a fuse blown or a breaker that is tripped?  Do you have any of those outlets in your house that have the red re-set button that should be pushed?  I'm just grasping at straws here and may be way off base but just trying to think of something for you to try..............good luck!  I can't even imagine the amount of frustration you are feeling right now.................. :(

I agree that the problem must be in the house wiring. Every machine is sewn on and tested before it leaves the factory. None of this makes any sense to me, and I sure hope you can get it resolved quickly.

I've had the same thing happen when I haven't increased the stitch length, but with the "new generation"  machines, I think the default is set at 10 or 11, so that shouldn't be the problem. Maybe the default wasn't set?? :unsure:

There appears to be power to the machine, since it lights up as usual.  The fact that this happened on the previous head - AFTER quilting several quilts - tends to make me think that the default was indeed properly set, Darlene.  And of course, they would have set it on the new head before it left the factory.

Alyn, is your machine on any kind of surge protector or extension cord??  Have you plugged the machine's cord directly into the wall socket?  I'm sure you have, but I had to ask..... :(

This is truly strange, to have two entirely different heads have the same issue, but there's obviously power to the head.....

I spoke with the lovely Dawn this a.m. (and I do mean that in a nice way, she is a very sweet lady [like you don't already know that]).

I had the first Millie on a surge protector and it was working fine, until it wasn't.  There was not a problem with the surge protector (my first thought) as I tried other devices with it (the large TV in the living room, computer etc.)  There are not any circuit breakers that have tripped.  There has always been power to the machine, the light has always come on, the thread cutter has always worked, the channel locks work etc.  I have tried two different plugs that are on two different breakers, though once again, there is power to the machine.  Makes me wonder how careful UPS is with their shipping methods.  The box is without any external damage but that doesn't mean it didn't get dropped. 

So, hopefully the third time is a charm because if not, I seriously don't know what to do.

My old Millie was working fine on the plugins in the same room.

Thanks again for all of your thoughts on this.

I truly know that APQS puts out a terrific product and they are obviously standing behind their product. 

Alyn, I sure wish one of us lived close enough to come to your studio and troubleshoot!!!  I'm betting that, once all is said and done, it's gonna be something simple and we're all gonna hit ourselves in the forehead and yell, "duh!!"  At least I hope it's something simple.....  I sure wish I had something to offer besides sympathy!! :blink:

Good morning all.  It s 10 a.m. in the beautiful Black Hills of South Dakota and today is a wonderful day.  Picked up my Bountiful Basket of fresh fruits and veggies this a.m. and when I got home, UPS had dropped of my new (third) Millie.  With the help of DH, we got the old (not really old, but not working) one removed and the new one on the frame.  Put on the front handles and plugged into new outlet and viola, stitching.....Tried the previous plug with the same excited success.  Applied the rear handles and super excited to report that they too work!!!  Now just need to get the two defective (nonworking) machines secured in their boxes and sent off Monday to APQS.  Now will work on getting panto realigned and we are off and running.  I really appreciate all of the help and suggestions of everyone here.  If I hear from the company what the issues were, I will certainly let you know.  I think everyone was totally baffled by the fact that there was power to the machine.

Anyway, we are back to quilting and are most happy about that.

Hope everyone has a fantastic weekend.

Archived