NQR I have new members to my family

My daughter in Portland has been wanting a puppy.  She hasn't had a puppy since she lived at home as a child.  I saw an ad in the local paper a couple of days ago and it was for puppies.  They are "Shih-te-poos".  The name just  cracked me up.  How appropriate for puppies.  It turns out they are a Shih-tzu, Maltese, and Poodle mix.  Totally hypoallergenic I guess.  Nice, but wasn't a requirement.  Anyway, after making sure she truly did want a puppy I decided it would be a nice family Christmas present for her and the two granddaughters.  I went to look at them.  OMG...what cuteness.  Little fluff balls.  I picked out one for her then fell in love with one for me.  They were born on my birthday...how could I not get one?  A little spendy and I now have to make a trip to Portland next week to deliver hers, but I am having so much fun with them.  My little Sheltie is liking them just fine.  They slept all night and everyone is pottying outside so far.  They are almost 9 wks old.  Ok...enough said...here's the pic. 

post-4696-0-50216100-1384017065_thumb.jpg

post-4696-0-39947300-1384017183_thumb.jpg

post-4696-0-15921500-1384017364_thumb.jpg

I am soooo glad you didn't post these until after you had left...I might have had to ask you to pick one up for me ;) (I live in PDX and am coming to Central California...SLO... for Thanksgiving!)...anyway we are mulling puppy choices over, and are really about a year away from an adoption...but these are just the sort of family addition we would be looking for! Thanks for giving us an additional option to consider!

They are soooo cute.  The black/white one looks like my "Brandi."  Brandi is a 10-yr-old Shi-poo (no Maltese).  She is such a good dog and very, very smart.  Definitely the Queen of the house, but I wouldn't know what to do without her.  I'm sure the grandkids will absolutely love the puppies.  Brandi is hypoallergenic and definitely no shedding.  Love that!  Enjoy.....

Both are males.  They should be around 12-16 lbs.  Mom and Dad were on site and were fairly small.  My husband is calling ours (the little brown faced one) "Bear" so I'll probably call him Poo-Bear.  Jen is going to name hers "Ozzie" I think.  They still have their little puppy breath and puppy smell.  Such cute personalities.  I do well with puppies.  I think it's because I'm home most of the time.  I don't have to leave for hours on end to go to work and that's easier on them.  I have to go buy two teddy bears to put in their crate for them to sleep with so when we have to separate them next week they will each have a teddy bear with their smells.  They will adapt better that way. 

The one with the white and black face looks like a dandelion exploded on him.  Makes me laugh every time I look at him.  Jen said "Bear" looks like an Ewok and I should have called him "Wookie".  If they hear a noise that scares them they both run and hide behind the couch and peak out with their little faces.  It's so funny to watch them do that.  I love babies...human or animal.

I have a poodle/shihtzu mix, and she is the sweetest little thing ever---she just loves life and whatever gets in her way!!!   Loves to go for walks, and is a very good watch dog--might be small dog syndrome??? but she lets all the big dogs know she is around.   She knows what "do you want to take a nap" means☺☺ They are very smart little dogs, she also puts herself into "time out" when she is bad..... You will so love your new addition.

Judy

I am almost jealous!  Puppies are just the most wonderful things!  Bonnie will be 1 on Nov. 20 - we simply must have a party!  I, however, am just done with the peeing inside and the chewing.  She now has tons of energy but is well behaved and has settled into her own "person!"  She loves to rock with me and sneak in a pinecone to destroy all over the floor!  She is so precious!  Enjoy Bear and give him tons of kisses while he still has his puppy perfume!  When I get to heaven, Jesus is going to allow me to have inside dogs and cats!  I know He will! 

Rita, there is a pic of each and a pic of them together. Only two puppies. We were sitting around this morning and decided to go to Portland. We've gotten crazy in our old age. Took me a little over a hour to pack up and head out. It's a beautiful day and the puppies are riding well.

They are traveling so well. They are so darn cute and funny...just crack me up. We're making pretty good time in spite of frequent potty breaks. We've been on the road for 8 hours and we have about 4 more hours to go. We'll make a stop in Eugene to have pie and coffee with our Grandson and meet his girlfriend then finish the trip into Portland.

Archived