naming the beast

asungrace

• 1 month later...

I've just had my machine up and running a week and a half. I''ve named my business "Sew Bee It" and I think I'll call my Millie "Queenie", it seems to fit. I've never named an object before but I like the idea.

I enjoy browsing the chat boards. It's such a fun group of people here.

Linda

Welcome Linda! And congratulations on your Queenie! You are going to have a ball and this is THE place to be to learn all things longarm! The search feature is awesome. I don't have my Millie yet, but I am constantly thinking of things I want to know about and I can just go to the search and even if I have to enter the topic a couple of different ways I always find the answer there. Unless it's really very specific and tehn I just ask in one of the forums adn everyone chips in with answers. This is teh greatest place to be!

• 2 weeks later...

I told the ladies at the local quilt shop that I had finally bought a machine. The first question they asked was "What did you name it?" The most obvious name for a Millenium, of course, is Millie but I thought everyone would probably name their new Millie "Millie." So.....wanting to be outside the box, I named mine "Betty". :)

For some reason I could not think of a name for my machine. I wanted something "original." Well, yesterday my hubby walked into my studio while I was doing a panto and he said, "Hey Gunner." Of course he meant that's what I looked like at the machine, but I said, "That's a cute name!" So over a year later, "Gunner" it is :)

Gable

P.S.--I just hope it doesn't sound negative. If anyone thinks I should change it, let me know :o

Gable, Gunner is a cute name. I have a great-nephew named Gunner and he is always going. Just like yours. My machine is Miss Lizzie after my Grandmother who gave me the quilting bug. She would hand quilt to help with the finances on a coal miners salary. She made many little stitches and was well know in her Kentucky town.

I named my business Sew Bee It, my friend at work suggested the name. I was trying to think of a name for my machine and the name "Queenie" came to mind. It seems to fit since there would be no business without her. I'm still getting used to her so we're not quite on a first name basis. I look forward to retirement so I can spend all the time I want.

Kenna, thank you :) With everything that's going on in Iraq, I wasn't sure it if was appropriate. You analogy of firing stitches is wonderful:) And thank you Sheryl, too. Sounds like your little Gunner and my little Gunner have a lot in common ;)

Gable

• 1 month later...

It's just fun to to give a name to all precious things in our lives, I named mine after the very special man I bought it from "Tunney" He is an inspiration to me though I really never saw his work . I understand he primarily enjoyed art quilting in the Petaluma, Ca. area. I prayed for Him months before ever meeting him as his was struggling with liver failure and complications. I understand he recieved the miracle of a liver transplant with success, now with time to more fully enjoy his wonderful wife, children, and esp. the grandchildern.

Wow, we have a whole flock of newbies here. ;)

Welcome, Anne, smhowell, SuszyQ, Junebug and the 2 Lindas. You are going to have so much fun. Who needs to sleep? :P I can't wait to see some of your quilts posted here soon.

I'm with Donna (Sam's Mom). My machine has various names depending on what is going on....or not going on.:)

"Mabel" is the name of my new Premier+. She was just delivered last Thursday and the room where she resides in known as the Bar Room, because there is a 12 foot L-shaped bar in there, complete with mirror and bar shelves. We sold the pool table to make room for the machine. While trying to come up with a name, my husband asked me who my favorite female bartender was when I was growing up and I didn't remember any. He said, "Hey Mabel, Black Label" and so she was named.

Ruthie

Another welcome to you newbies and lurkers who are finally writing here....

Good to hear from you all! Keep posting and talking with us, we all love

to share ideas and help each other out of tuff times, that's what friends

are for - and we are all friends here!!:D

There is a post from a couple of years ago were many of us listed our

machine names, not sure what topic it was under - it is really fun to

read the "who's and why's" that helped us in our naming process.

Mine is "Mel" as in Mel Gibson. I bought my machine used from my former

boss and Kathy had already named him. Since I learned on this machine,

and I miss her, I left the name as is. She always said that she choose the

name because of "how" she would have to clean-out the bobbin case area,

with the air hose...... need I say more? She thinks that Mel is so sexy....

makes me giggle everytime I think of it!

• 9 months later...

my girlfriend calls her\'s Spike!

Spike??? As in \'William the Bloody\'???:cool:

I love Spike.........LOL! Actually met him and have seen him a few other times............*drools :P

Anyway....

Got my Lenni last week. Haven\'t named him yet. Actually thought of Spike.......and Angel........Louie.......Nicholas........LaCroix......and a few others........but nothing seems to fit............yet. I\'ll figure out what his name is. Only thing I know for sure..........it\'s a \'him\' and not a \'her\'.........

OK........gotta show off......

_MG_9120.jpg

:)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived