Feathers

I am glad to see you using your new baby.  I am sure getting started is difficult, but it is probably like riding a bike...once you learn, you you never forget how to do it.  Keep up the great work.  Have fun playing around, and get ready for that first new quilt top.  I for one am looking forward to seeing it.

Cagey

Looks like you are doing fine to me. I am still practicing with feathers and still have not mastered them. It looks like I might never master them but having fun with my Lenni. I do not have the bliss table but I am hoping that it will not keep me from mastering the feathers.

Glad you are back to quilting.

Try mirroring the spine from the top to bottom and then fill the space in with circles.  If you do not like that look, just try mirroring it a needle with from the original spine.  You could watch Claudia Pfeil feather video, she suggest always starting at the top and working down to the base, and starting with a pearl working your feathers to the top.  Then you either break thread or mirror the spine, and then feather the other side.  She suggests always working on one side and then the other.  In the end, it comes down to what works best for you.  Have fun.

Cagey

Archived