Quilt Accepted to Nashville...

Hi Everyone.....I just have to share.....

A quilt I quilted last year was accepted to the show in Nashville......I'M SOOOOO EXCITED!!!

You can see it @ my Webshots link ......The quilt is "Kathy's 30's basket quilt, the first quilt in this album.....WAHOOO!!!

http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/photo/2142854780014590774othvMB

I'd post it here, but am unsure how to get it from my Webshots here..... :-(

Oh, Linda! Your feathers are so fluffy and full! I love how you used the feather motif to fill the tops of the "empty" baskets and I also like how you used the full feather motif and another style through the rest of them. So very pretty. Oh, and I also like your 3-d Prairie Points in some of the baskets. It is a lovely quilt. I hope you get all the recognition you deserve. (OK, now I gotta go back and check these photos out again). Thanks for sharing.

Eva.....that is the quilt that was a finalist in the $100,000 magazine.....when she called me this afternoon, I almost fainted....LOL!! Are you done with your Sisters quilts kiddo??? ;)

Yes, I used 2 layers of batting on this quilt. First layer was QD Select "Blend" - top layer was Hobbs PolyDown Plus. If I'm doing "faux" trapunto I like to use the PolyDownPlus.

Thanks so much everyone for allowing me to share my joy with you all. :D:D

Linda - Love the quilt and your quilting is just perfect for it! You did really -

REALLY awesome work on that baby! I was trying to figure out the middle

sections between the blocks..... is that just tightly meandered there? Good

luck to you and your client - hope it goes far and does well - I think it will -

we know it should!!

p.s. Is there some kind of a saying for quilters? Ya' know how with actors

they say "break a leg" before they go on stage..... what would ours be?

"Break a needle" or "May you draw blood when pricked with a pin"

hmmm...

I want to thank everyone for taking time to cruise my pictures and for sending all your sweet compliments.....Glad you enjoyed them.

Don't you just love our APQS forum here, it's great!!! ;)

Happy Quilting & Happy 4th of July!!!

Hi Judi...

Break a needle sounds good....LOL!!!

I did real real real tight micro-stippling to nail everything down flat.....I could only do it for 20 minutes at a time my eyes were killing me....;) Glad you enjoyed Kathy's basket quilt....thanks

Archived