Fun in the Sun with Hartley & Co...

:cool: OK kiddos, grab your shades and check this one out. :cool:

Hey, just thought I'd share a customer quilt (a lady I work with) I did this past weekend using my Hartley fence to do the circles and then I quilted sun light beams out to the edges of the block. There were 30 blocks total in the top, plus three pillow shams I quilted, so I had lots of practice making circles! The focus fabric has different types of suns in it. (Thanks, Myrna for the sun beam idea and inspiration...she demo'd this in her Hartley Fence DVD) :cool: My coworker friend was very pleased. I used gold colored Highlights in the top and Bottom Line in the bobbin. It was a fun project. I am grateful for my fellow coworker friend's trust to let me "practice" on her UFO quilt tops! She is going to bring me more tops in the future. :)

post--13461898296897_thumb.jpg

I love it, Shana. In fact I love it so much I might get a tattoo like it!!! Actually, this is one of my favourite motifs, only with a spiral in the middle then the rays just like yours. I've wanted a tattoo for a while and a couple of months ago decided that this was it! Now, just to get my gumption up!!!

Great job, Shana! How was it to set up the fence? I have mine but haven't had the opportunity to play with it yet......I need to make the time, I guess. Also, I think I need to get the dvd......I have the book but I learn things better when I can see them done.

Hi Laurie. Setting up the fence was way too easy. Let's say maybe 5 minutes max? Myrna's DVD is great. I like how she repeats things...(drills it into your brain). I love books for inspiration, but I really like to see things demonstrated...it all makes better sense to me to see how things are done and it removes the mystery.

Hooowhee Shana!!!

Is anybody else scratching their heads and wondering why the rest of us started at Step One and Shana jumped to Step Three right away!! No fair!! Great quilting--no way are you "practicing" on tops. You're there girl!!

Linda R

Oh gosh (((I am so blushing right now)) had no idea that I had created a fan club here! ROTFLMAO!! :P :P :P You all are too much! Thanks for the wonderful words...really. I am just having fun and going for it. You only live once, right???? Thanks for letting me share. I love everyones photos here and the knowledge they share with me, too. You all are an inspiration to me. Thank you for that, my friends! I am so lucky to have you.

Have a wonderful day and happy quilting everyone!

Archived