This The Season, Well Not Quite Yet.

This quilt has a story, long so I will shoot to the moral. Always, Always measure top, batting, and backing. I took this quilt in from a regular client. She told me that she had a "Christmas Quilt" she need done for an auction. The back was a 108 wide panel and just do something swirly. She had washed all of the material.

I measured the top at 83" by 105". The back was 104" by 104". The washing must have shrunk the back. I cut a section of the back made the back fit the top. I never measured the batting. Dumb! The batting was bulk. I got to the end of the quilt and had about 2 inches of extra batting on one the left side and short about 1" on the right. Pulled the quilt off of the Milli trimed the sides to get the batting I needed and sewed it on the end. Reloaded the quilt and finished it up. The quilt would have been a lot of fun except for the extra work. MEASURE EVERYTHING!!

Bottom line, the customer was so happy when I presented the quilt to her she teared up and said, " I love the back better than the front". See me with pride all over my face....

The quilt:

2563759110099798652S425x425Q85.jpg

2039150920099798652S425x425Q85.jpg

2619354210099798652S425x425Q85.jpg

2696404020099798652S425x425Q85.jpg

Chuckster, dude...my man! Wow! Hey, you are rockin' and rollin' with the freehand. And, your SID really sets it all off just perfect. Look at you. Beautiful work!

PS: Thanks for the "lesson learned" -- it's always good to remind eachother to do the fundamental things like measuring before we load a quilt.

Have a great day and please share more of your work. :)

Thank you all for the very kind comments. My inspriation comes from all of you in this chat room. Every day I quilt I learn something new. Every time I open this chat room I learn from all of you.

For all of the Northwesterners we reall do need to have another get together. It was good to hear from all of you.

Take care and happy quilting.

Chuck

Archived