Dust and Thread Bunny

Charlene,

I did get the one for pet owners, D17 Animal.

I was using an Oreck, and I've always had problems getting it to pick up all of the thread, but had no idea about the batting dust cuz you couldn't see it. I figured that if this Dyson could pick up pet dander, surely it could pick up ALL of the threads. It did do that and then some!!

Debbi

I have the pet Dyson also. I love it for my carpets but it doesn't do so well on bare floors. It gets the cat hair, fuzz, etc. but it won't pick up a piece of cat food or small pebble. I'm too lazy to sweep AND vacuum. If it gets hold of an area rug or something though, it'll suck it right into the vac. That's why I don't understand why it won't pick up a little kibble of cat food!

Guest Linda S

Doesn't your Dyson have a floor attachment you can use with the hose? Mine does -- I have the Animal (it's purple). The upright does an okay job on bare floors, but the floor attachment works so much better. I love that vacuum. When I'm finished cleaning the house, I usually have enough cat hair to make three or four more cats! That may end today though -- I bought a Furminator cat de-shedding tool!

Linda

Okay, you guys convinced me. I'll be off to get the Dyson. I'll do a before and after job of vacuuming. That way my DH will see the value of spending more $ on a vacuum.

He doesn't have any problem with the $ I spend on my hobbies but gets wierd sometimes about other things.

Char

Okay, I had read (Consumer Reports) that the Hoover Wind Tunnel was better than a Dyson, so that's what I bought, but now I guess I have to go get a Dyson..it's okay I'm a vacuum cleaner junkie too, I currently have 4, so what's one more, yeah and 4 irons..:D

We are really a different breed of woman.. are choice of gifts would get most husbands their walking papers and we are totally thrilled:P

Linda I love that 'make another cat' comments, I have tearings running down my cheeks reading this thread!!

WOW! I got a over-sized wheel barrow for the horses (er...horse stuff) one year for Christmas and a gas powered weed wacker for my birthday a few months later....I've been wanting a Dyson. Now I know what to ask for!!

I have a long haired cat helper and 2 German Shedders. I have 2 or 3 of the de-shedding combs and they work pretty good. My vacuum does pretty good but my sister has a Dyson and swears by it.

I have wood floors but am always amazed at the fuzz generated by batting. I run a swiffer (complete with leftover batting scrap instead of purchased cloth) after each quilt and always have lots of fuzz and thread. You would think I could hit the trash can occasionally with those thread cuttings wouldn't you?

Hester I'm using your post as proof to my husband that "I'm not the only woman in the world that has 4 vacuums!" I had the Hoover Windtunnel and I don't think it even came close to the Dyson. Not sure which model consumer reports used to compare but in my book there is no comparison. I would buy another Dyson in a heartbeat. I think CR's this year said that one of the Sears canisters beat out the Dyson too. My mom has a Sears..I should take my Dyson over and really compare. She vacuums daily...I quilt daily!

Heidi

I am laughing so hard right now!!! I came back to this post and if you squint at the photo of Debbi's Giant Dust Bunny it actually looks like a bunny--see the ears and the head and mouth?!!! I gotta get quilting--obviously too much time on my hands!!!!

P.S. Made ya look!!!!

I've had a Dyson for about 10 years (I'm on my second one now) and find it the best kind of vacuum.

The one I have now does pet hair, has allergy filters and also works on all floors. It really is the best. The only thing I don't like it for is stairs when I use my cylinder Miele, but then my Dyson is an upright which I prefer.

Chris

Archived