One Christmas quilt completed

Well, because I wasn't the one who did the binding, only the quilting, the final sleeve & label were put on the Red side. I also think that the red side would be the side I would want to look at most often, but now there is an "iron on" label there. But I gotta admit, if I weren't the quilter, I would also want to be looking at the pieced side. We have all levels of quilters, so just to get all the blocks to match, there was some trimming that had to be done and some of the points were lost!! We have about 10 ladies that are consitantly there and another 3 or 4 who travel, so everyone has a different 1/4" and the blocks were widely different in size. The gal that put the blocks together did the best she could short of taking them all appart and re-stitching them. We always want our ladies to be able to take a part of the ownership in our quilts. All of them from beginner to advanced quilters are always so proud of their work. Don't want to dampen that in our group. We will be hanging it this Sunday at our church and beginning to sell the tickets. Can't wait to hear the comments from people who aren't quilters!!!:)

Hey, I'm sitting here at the SeaTac airport in the Alaska Airlines Board room waiting for my connection up to Alaska...thought I'd pop in and check out what's happening...

PattyJo... Honey that is so pretty! You are blowing me away with your quilts. This one is gorgeous. Like I said above, It's Simply Smashing, Daaahling! :)

Thanks you all for your words of encouragement. We hung the quilt today at the church to start selling raffle tickets (drawing on 11/17/07) and got many-many good comments.

Some of the funds will be going for camp scholarships for kids that can't afford to go to camp. The neatest part of these scholarships, is that we don't just give them the $$$, we require that they complete some of the jobs around the church (shampoo carpets, paint walls, etc) so that they are working for their time at camp. It has proven to be very beneficial for the kids and saving paying out $$ for someone to do these once a year projects. It is really a win/win endevor.

Thanks again for your encouragement.

Anyone else who would like tickets on this raffle, can U2U me and I'll make arrangements for you

Chuck - The only thing that I knew I was going to do was the circle feathers in the blank blocks. The rest I figured out after I got the quilt on the machine. I had the quilt on the machine for 2 or 3 days before I really started. Just kept looking at it and aditioning different patterns on it by using clear plastic and a dry erase pen The only marking was for the circle feathers.

Linda from Ramona - the swirly thing in the center of the blocks is my very poor attempt at McNoonaning (say that 3 times) once I did it in the first block, I kept thinking I should rip it out, but by the time I got down the quilt a ways, I kinda liked it so I continued on.

Teresa, I sent you a U2U

Thanks everyone.

Archived