help with design ideas, please (with pics)

This is the first time I\'ve tried uploading a picture, hope it works!!

If there are photos below ;) would you please give me any ideas you might have for quilting this table runner?

The piecer gave me the standard "you\'re the professional, I trust you!" line... and now I\'m going to the professionals for advice!!

Thanks!

post--13461899070386_thumb.jpg

Cathy,

I would accent the flower shapes and let those really stand out. Like in the daisy do oval echo with a swirl in the gold. On the tulips do a tulip shape. On the leaves do a \'s\' swirl. In the background I think I would just do a swirly meander and definitely do heart feathers with curly cues coming off the heart. I would do a neutral thread. I would guess that mother-goose would look nice on this...I\'m always surprised how many places that color works. Be sure to post pics.

I don\'t know how to draw on your picture so I\'m attaching a picture that shows somewhat what I\'d like to get across. Put a pumpkin seed shape in the middle of the tulip then stitch up the long narrow parts and make a bit of a "forked tongue" at the top and head back down to the bottom, then do the same up the other side. Hope this is a bit clearer than mud. The table runner is absolutely stunning. I love your feather idea for the red areas.

post--13461899071188_thumb.jpg

Maybe in the Tulips you can do something that will elongate them....maybe a feather that is long on each side and each festher part gets smaller towards the center as the longer edges go from the bottom to the top. I\'m sorry I don\'t have my pencil hooked to this computer so can\'t draw what I\'m trying to say.

Wow. THis is a beautiful pattern.

Jeannine, I went to the Pam Bono site to see about buying the pattern but not knowing the name of I couldn\'t find it. Do you have the name?

Victoriasews, Yours is a beautiful quilt too and beautifully quilted! Did you make the tulip pattern or can it be purchased?

Here it is: <http://www.pambonodesigns.com/content/content-article.asp?ArticleID=84>.

Apparently this pattern was published in one of Pam\'s books & the one shown in the photo was quilted by a lady in England. It\'s a beautiful design & I DO think Cathy\'s will be more striking.

How do you guys do that where you "draw" over someone else\'s photo? Not that it will help this techno-klutz, I still haven\'t taken the time to figure out how to post a photo.

I found it. On the website. In her book "Dear Pam, ....". Click on the link and you will see projects contained in the book. It\'s called the Dutch Table Runner. That one is quilted different than the one I posted. Catherine is right, the one I originally posted was quilted by a woman in England and is under the quilt gallery link.

Jim and Debbie Lynn I sent you u2u messages.

Archived