Mariners Compass whole cloth wall art

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very nice quilt! I Love it!!! You should be very busy when people

see this baby! How did you mount it? Is it just folded around a

frame? No actual binding or finished edge?? just curious......

It was fun reading the first page - I kept seeing "ChattyKathy"

having this whole talk by herself!!;):)

Thanks everyone for your kinds words!

Mary Beth, the rope rulers I have are from quiltersrule.com, I bought the smaller (has the 1.5" & 3" size) and then the bigger one is 4.5" & 6". The directions are printed right on the acrylic too. On my practice fabric I felt a bit awkward at first, but you get a groove going on and it becomes pretty fun. It would really look great on a western quilt.

Caron, the darker rays are quilted in a tight paisley or three loop tear drop (?) and the thread is a variegated Rainbow, I can\'t recall the name of it right at the minute. I will try to post a close up photo... if I can!! LOL

I used Renae\'s Amazing Rays to draft all the registraion lines for this project. Can\'t imagine being able to accomplish something this size with out those tools! Love em!

Judi I had a good laugh when I read your post, but when I was talkin\' to maself, it wasn\'t so funny!! LOL

Cathy It\'s gorgeous! Congrats on the technical stuff too I also have trouble with that stuff. Mechanics I can handle easily, computer stuff can drive me to drink. Of course I\'m gone after 2 glasses of wine so that\'s cheap!

I love the verse on the quilt. What a great combo. Is it original and may I borrow it for a graduation quilt?

Judi, I forgot to answer your question! Sorry!! The project is on a frame, edges are just stapled behind and then a carpenter (who is also a pre-engineering student at the same college) custom made an oak frame that was then mounted over the stretch frame and secured into the studs in the wall.

Yup, I coulda used a glass of wine that night I was trying to post the first pictures!! I am glad you like the verse and you are most welcome to use it. I have four graduation quilts to get rockin\' and rollin\' on too, but these days I find I like quilting alot more that piecing tops!! I think I am might become a whole cloth queen if I\'m not carefull!!! LOL

Originally posted by Marlette

Cathy It\'s gorgeous! Congrats on the technical stuff too I also have trouble with that stuff. Mechanics I can handle easily, computer stuff can drive me to drink. Of course I\'m gone after 2 glasses of wine so that\'s cheap!

I love the verse on the quilt. What a great combo. Is it original and may I borrow it for a graduation quilt?

I had received the email notices and just thought you were having a nice chat again;).... but I did check in today! Thanks for explaining how it is mounted, great idea. Thanks for posting the close-up too. Again - very pretty quilt! Great quilting!!

Archived