Just a little something

A customer brought me this quilt and said she needed it done by April 1st. I was so afraid of it I started it Monday, and finished it today:) Who knew! Anyway, it is an autograph quilt of the missionaries that work under them. I wanted to do a panto and be done with it. She didn\'t want me to stitch over their names :( So I took off with a Terry Twist. I know why they call it twist...my brain gets a twist and I can\'t remember which way to go :D It turned out much better than I expected...and I\'m done!!

post--13461899387428_thumb.jpg

Robin,

Go to www.sallyterry.com for the info on Terry Twist. There are pdf documents you print out to practice the TT, very handy.

The quilt is 85" x 85" - yes there are a lot of 3" blocks. The signature area is 1" x 3" - I think that is what intimidated me. I just had to figure out that I was more powerful than the quilt!!;)

Gosh, thanks Phyllis. My quilting has come a long way in the last year....finally!! Remember our classes with Dawn? Poor Dawn!!! Something she said must have stuck in my pea brain \'cause those feathers are getting easier all the time.

This was just a simple quilt with simple quilting. I know it was nothing spectacular, but those little block threw me for a loop...I am just glad it\'s over.

Showed this quilt to DH last night...when will I ever learn. He was on the phone and I just held it up for him to see. When I looked over the top he was pointing at my feathers with a frown on his face :o WHAT!!? What is wrong with my feathers?? As soon as he got off the phone I confronted him. He said that it only looks like half a feather. Duh...that\'s because the floral is so busy you can only see part of it unless you are really looking at it. That\'s it!! I\'m not showing him another quilt....till next time:)

Thank you all for saying nice things!!

Archived