Ideas on the White Space in a Texas Star Quilt - with Pics

Google webshots/quilts/lonestar--get a cup of coffee and a comfortable chair. You will spent hours seeing so many design ideas. Good luck. I have quilted two of the giant "eight-piece" lonestars where each point is one piece of fussy-cut fabric--envision a giant stack-and-whack. Both had busy fabric for the background--on one I used a medium McTavishing and the other was Asian fabric so I quilted a bamboo-ish overall. If the background is white--what an adventure deciding on a design. Feathers, ferns, leaves, any pretty overall if you don\'t want to over-power the piecing. Have fun!

JoAnn I love the first one. I\'m making a beach theme carpenters star for my son and I think I\'ll use some of your fern ideas. I had planned on ferns but I hadn\'t decided on layout. I have a Woody car panto that I\'m going to do in one of the borders but I\'ll have to add quilting to that because it is too open. Do you have any ideas? I also have one of a surfer that I thought I would somehow incorporate in the the big border. Maybe do that in corners.

Wow...Ms. Hoffman!!! Wow!!:o

I\'m thinking along the lines for just drawing 1 inch chevrons and 1 inch lines that follow the edges up the star...to the outside edges. If the piecing were perfect, I might attempt the the beautiful feathers!! I\'m in awe...of your quilts... This quilt does have me wanting to make my own and your designs are just stunning!!!

ok...you had to have won some shows for those...do tell!!!

Judy,

I used to live in the country between Decatur and Springfield and worked for ADM in the Corn Sweeteners lab. I moved 3 hours south (straight down I55 to exit 111) about 16 years ago!! Small world, huh?

I\'m glad you signed in!! :)

JoAnn,

I love seeing all the different ways you have come up with to do lonestars and similar quilts. You won\'t mind if I borrow one (or several) ideas.... would ya?? LOL!!!:P

Archived