Just a couple quilt pics from MQS

nineva

Here are a couple. More to follow tomorrow. First is Renae Haddadin\'s Best of show. Geez, wonder why. Then is our own Claudia Pfiels\'s awesome award winner. And for today, last but not least Caron\'s teaser that she gave us. These ladies deserve a hand. I\'ll post Tracye\'s tomorrow and more if you want. Heidi\'s quilt is gorgeous. I just stood there hoping I can quilt that good when I grow up. Here ya go.

post--13461899628492_thumb.jpg

Nancy Jo or any one that has a camera,,,

could you take a picture of my "Girl friend"???

You\'ll know it when you see a quilt that makes you laugh!!(I am beginning to think she was disqualified for sensorship!!!) LOL

I am at market, wishing I were with all of you!!! Boo hoo

Originally posted by Jhend

Now I\'m really depressed! You know I would never share these pictures with my customers :P

Well....I bet you wouldn\'t show them your first quilt that you did either.;) I would bet my next lunch (and that is an important thing for me) that within the next few years we will be looking at your quilts, with total aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh and ooooooooooooohs....

There isn\'t one of us here that came out of the box with quilts like that....just some of us (me included) that seem to take longer to get there.

;):D So on that note...I\'m back to the basement...I know someplace down there I have a quilt worth putting into a show...just haven\'t found it yet. I wonder if its among the 72 UFO\'s I have....man, I spend to much time here on the computer. I must go find that show quilt.;):P;)

Okay guys, Here is the HUGE lesson I learned from coming to MQS: There are all kinds of quilts here. Some of them I think, geez, I can do better than that...and some of them I think, Hey I can do that....and some of them I think, wow, I\'ll never be able to do that. But in the end, I am going to quit thinking I cannot enter shows. I don\'t care if I win. I am not out to be the biggest and best. But it is so cool just to see that someone with a huge big meander all over their quilt had the guts to enter the show. Bonnie Russell is so shy she just lurks here and yet I saw at least TWO of her quilts at MQS. Next year, I am entering. And I am going to make one for the auction. I am done being insecure about my quilts. Sisters we need to unite and quit being so insecure about our love of quilting. :D:D:D:D:D

Nancy Jo.

P.S. Linda, I\'ll try to get a pic tonight. I am leaving first thing in the morning. Girlfriend is cute!!:):)

Nancy,

Isn\'t that "light bulb moment" great? I entered a quilt in a show (MQX) for the first time this year. You would have thought I was sending my first born child to boarding school the way I behaved. I did get a ribbon... it only said "thanks for participating" but it is all mine and I got some great feedback from the judges comments and realized I CAN do this! Next year there is a real show quilt in my future.

Thanks for letting us all enjoy MQS through your eyes.

Leslie

Originally posted by nineva

Okay guys, Here is the HUGE lesson I learned from coming to MQS: There are all kinds of quilts here. Some of them I think, geez, I can do better than that...and some of them I think, Hey I can do that....and some of them I think, wow, I\'ll never be able to do that........ Sisters we need to unite ...

Nancy Jo.

Well said! Love the photos - thanks for posting them!!!

Archived