Way to go Linda Card!

I just received my newsletter from "Mother Superior" of Superior Threads. Our lovely Linda Card made a suggestion to them about listing the colors of the thread on the website that are included in the varigated threads, and won herself a gift certificate! Thank you Linda! I saw that recently, and thought it was such a great idea, but to have you come up with it! Great job.

Beth

Nice going Linda!

You know, i \'ve always said to myself when looking at my card samples..wonder if that\'s blue and green and yellow, or....do I see pink in there too?.....duh!

So, THANK you SO MUCH for making that suggestion! And A HIGH FIVE, and WOO HOO 4 U girl!

Stop it, you guys are making me blush.

Actually, this cold just would not let me get out of bed this morning at 4:30 so I slept in. I\'m such a slacker. So now after sleeping til 7:30, I\'m ready to get to work. Ugh.

I got a nice email from Sophia at Superior Threads yesterday with the news of the gift cert. Bob had acknowledged my idea a few months ago and told me that he liked the idea and would "make it happen". I noticed a few weeks ago that the web-site had been changed. Woohoo, so much easier to buy King Tut thread now.

I think I want something sparkly. What do you all think of Highlights? How does it do on a longarm?

Hi Linda,

You are a wonder! And isn\'t Superior a great company?

As far as Highlights, I have problems with it. Even with a thread net and careful corralling before it get to the needle, it seems so slippery I can\'t get it to work very well. I used it on one quilt and haven\'t used it again. It has such luscious colors though.

If someone else can get it to behave, please share --I would love to try again.

Hi Linda,

I tried Rainbows on my Gammill and could never get the tension just right--eyelashes on the back. That was two years ago when it was new. I would try it again--NEVER GIVE UP. I\'m a little braver now and would spend more time adjusting the tension. I called Superior and talked to someone while I was working on the machine and she gave me step by step instructions. They were very kind to me.

Thank you for the winning suggestion and for your wonderful soul!

Hi Linda,

I use Highlites when I need a solid color, have been using them for years and never had a problem with them.:D Congrats on your win, but your suggestion is a liitle too late for me. I just added another 4 rows on Sunday (42 more spools) to my thread cabinet..so I just pull out a cone and look at the colors:P as of now I think there are only 5 KT colors I don\'t have.

Hester, I want to come quilt at your house. I love KT thread. And the new colors are so yummy. I have Rosetta stone and IMHO, it is far Superior (pardon the pun) to the other black/white variegated threads available. I did a side-by-side comaprison of YLI, Signature Pixelles and KT. I don\'t like it when my thread disappears due to color changes. I used muslin and only the KT, with its 1-inch color changes gave me the look that I wanted.

Let me add my congratulations to the list. That is a great idea. In fact, when I read the newsletter I thought that was one of the best I\'d heard. Unfortunately, I didn\'t even read the name of the person who suggested it, so had to read hear that it was one of us. :D

Archived