My Colored Quilt - AKA "Out of the Box"

Well, I showed this to the NW group today and now I can post it for all to see. I hope that you enjoy it. The quilt named itself as I was just quilting along and discovered that I was outside of the box that I was going to do so "Out Of The Box" became it\'s name. I hope that you enjoy it.

2080613610094956607S500x500Q85.jpg

2901860500094956607S500x500Q85.jpg

2840161380094956607S500x500Q85.jpg

2248832750094956607S500x500Q85.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Thanks Jessica. When I started this it was really an experiment. I changed thread a couple of times as I had one that kept breaking on me, then the color changed a bit, used up several bobbins with different colored threads, just using what was handy, so I don\'t know if that would make a very good show quilt (she says with one eyebrow raised), but I\'m hoping to try a get another one done to put in Innovations that I will have actually thought some of these things through before I start!!! Thank you for the encouragement though. I\'m already planning "Out Of The Box 2".

Patti Jo, I love the look of your quilt, something I\'ve got to try. It looks time consuming, does it take forever?

I bought Irena Bluhm\'s book and after I get this quilt finished I\'m going to try it. Did you take a class or teach yourself? I will be looking for your Out of the Box 2 at Innovations. And hope to see you there, too.

Evelyn

Thank you Sandra & Rita, your comments are good for my soul.

Evelyn, I took a class at our guild\'s "Quilt College" that was held this last April. Another LA\'r from the guild taught the class and right away, I just loved it. To me it isn\'t hard, a bit time consuming and can you say blister from the colored pencils!! OUCH. I think I may have overdone it the first couple of days, but it is like drugs. Once I got started, I just couldn\'t seem to put it away. From start to finish, I probably have 30 hrs in it and that includes making and sewing on the binding. The quilt measures 30" x 48". I talked to Linda R at the MMQG mtg yesterday and asked that our APQS get together would be on Thursday night and she said consider it done, so maybe we can catch up with each other there. Good to visit with you here on the chat. :)

Victoria - the Book is called "Quilts of a Different Color" by Irena Bluhm and published by AQS. I didn\'t have the book when I took a class on it, but found it in a LQS while at our daughters home in Spokane. I just took her idea and ran off in another direction with it:).

Archived