Pink Ribbon Bargello Quilt

I am very happy to finally have this baby done!! Well - it does need the binding yet, but thats simple.....

I am donating this to an event called "Quilts on the Boulevard" which will be held on July 19, 2008 in Mankato, MN. We hang quilts outside in this tree lined area. Last year it was 2 blocks worth and we are hoping this year to fill all of the blocks, since all the 3 quilt shops in town are participating instead of just the one.

This will be a Silent Auction item, and trust me - if it doesn\'t get a high enough bid - I will be buying it back!!! And then I will donate it to the hospital. I hope that it where it will go anyway. All proceeds go to Immaneul St. Joesph Hospital in town for Breast Cancer Research, or towards their new Woman\'s Health Center. I would love to see it hanging there. I am going to put a sleeve on the top and bottom.

This quilt pattern was designed by Heidi K. Farmer and I acknowleded her on the label too. Awesome pattern!! And so pretty.... I am thinking of making another already in Yellows.... I just don\'t have many myself. I love purples so I already had most of these fabrics in my stash, and I think I still have enough to make another one!!;)

post--13461899847904_thumb.jpg

I did rotate it, but it looked goofy.... sorry.... here is a close-up of the quilting. I saw this quilt on the Cirlce Lord Website over a year ago, which made me hunt for the pattern so I could make this for this event. Love it when I know how I am going to quilt something before I even start it!!!:D:D

Used a nice Magenta thread - fun quilt!! See the ribbons flowing??? I showed it a guild last night and they all loved it.

post--13461899848044_thumb.jpg

Thanks for all of the kind comments - Yes - I hope it makes good money too - or like I said - I WILL be bidding on it!!! I am going to have a talk with my family Doc. and tell him about this too....

I can\'t take credit for the quilting idea though, this is how they had it quilted on the Circle Lord Website. I used the curves on the ZigZag template and just mounted the quilt so that they would flow up and down the ribbon. I have done this before on other quilts too, it really is very fun and easy too!!

Oh - and there wasn\'t much of the stratas left over either!! I think I had 2" of one color set and only 8" of the dark colors. Totally ran out of one.... so the pattern does cut it a bit close. I also have a baggie of extra squares. All of these strips were cut only 1 3/4" wide to make the stratas.....

Thanks again for the kind words. I will let you know what this quilt brings in, a bunch I hope!!

I remember a Pansy Bargello from the last MN state show and wish I would have bought that pattern then. Can\'t seem to find it now, not even the makers name. Any ideas?

(And yes Mary Beth - that is another one on my To Do List!!;))

Archived