UPDATE: --- Finished Photos of Victorian looking quilt---

Thanks, everyone!

Patty, Thanks for the advice. the noise is not gears or air pocket; its the bobbin area. Dawn C just called me and walked through the steps to remove the bobbin basket and blow the lint from behind there. A few small tufts of fuzz came out. I put the basket back in and will run it here in a while. I think that a little fuzz behind that basket was the culprit.

Viki, sorry I don't have any close up photos of the rose or feathers. She wanted it back ASAP so she can get the binding on and put in our local fair this weekend. If you're still interested, perhaps I can get some other closeup photos later at the fair???

Linda Card: Yes, it's the "no stop" rose. Start in the middle and then continue to loop around and around...and around... you know! :D The fabric is really busy, so the rose design is subtle. Because the applique is so small, I thought it was best to just let it be and not quilt it down. I didn't want to detract from her beautiful satin stitches.

Shana - the McClaying in the white area looks wonderful in that you accented it with some leaf shapes, shells, and made it look very interesting and artistic. I'm also enjoying the feather spray fountain look. Nice and even shapes.

Mary Beth - Good to see your work too which is very compact and allows the leaves to pop up from the background.

Enjoyed both versions of a very similar quilt. How pretty. Great to see that they both work well. Congratulations.

I would think that blind people would really be able to "see" the quilting and enjoy it. Those spaces between the lines are really significant to feel.

Vicki

Archived