UPDATE: --- Finished Photos of Victorian looking quilt---

I "micro" McTavished in the white areas...took me FOR EVER AND EVER AND EVER INTO ETERNITY to finish that part...:D Then, did freehand roses in the empty blocks and feather fans in the setting trangles.

I would have quilted a little more in some areas but but my bobbin assembly is acting up. It started this weekend. Makes a noisy rattling sound (but stitches great) and every so often the bobbin thread will snap. Not sure whazzzup wit dat but I left a message on the Whine Line for Amy and hope she can rescue me.

post--13461900092629_thumb.jpg

Shanna,

I immediately thought of McTavishing in the white areas around the leaves and flowers, leaves in the gold borders, feathers in the pink rose area - or even cross hatching and just following those wonderful wavy lines in the border.

Hope that gives you some inspiration... Post pics when you are done!

Karen

Shana,

That is really a pretty quilt to work on. I would SID around the leaves and flowers and then McTavish or Cross hatch the white area. In the middle I would either do a flower like the one DeLoa has in her book, Quilt me a Flower garden. In the burgandy border I would stitch the wavey line and if you need/want more quilting I would feather the dark burgandy area using the light area as a feather spine. I can't wait to see the finished pictures.

Shana,

Yes, I think that McTavishing the white sashing and circle wreaths in the rose area. Then leaves in the gold border and using the lite color in the border, quilt feathers on either side of that. Can't wait to see what you do with this. It will be gorgeous regardless of what you do.

Mary Beth,

What a beauuuuuuutiful quilt. You did an awesome job.

Now, I'm going back to PPP to get good like you all.

What a beautiful quilt! MB you did a great job on yours too.

Since I'm a newbie I thought of what I'd do and then read what you all suggested. I thought of the wavy lines in the border, McTavishing in the sashing and rose outlline in the floral centers. Guess that was pretty good, uh?

Shana, look forward to seeing what you do.....of course yours are always great..like you.:)

Beautifully done Shana!

Originally posted by quiltmonkey

I would have quilted a little more in some areas but but my bobbin assembly is acting up. It started this weekend. Makes a noisy rattling sound (but stitches great) and every so often the bobbin thread will snap. Not sure whazzzup wit dat but I left a message on the Whine Line for Amy and hope she can rescue me.

Is the noise kind of growly and doesn't go away when you oil the hook area? It could be an air pocket in the gear grease. It may be time for a re-packing. Amy will know just by listening to it.

Archived