Grandson on the cover of a catalogue

This is our oldest grandson and his aunt runs a gift shop & web site in NE Washington that has crafts made by the locals there. It's a depressed area of our country and this gives them exposure to help them sell their stuff. Anywhooo, my DIL sent me this today and you can tell that she and DS as well as this Grandma & Grandpa are very proud of him. Here is a picture of the cover of their catalogue. If you want to shop, the website is on the bottom right of the picture.

post--13461900209962_thumb.jpg

The dog is his aunts dog and this is a creek that runs behind her house. This little guy is quite the commedian also. Their little town has a sign on the city limits that says that there is 1759 people and 1 grouch that lives there and every year, people run for the office of Grouch!! This last year, he was tired of it always being some old man in the town, so he decided to run and walked all over their little town campaigning to be the grouch. He won the title and he is quite proud of that as well. So now this is his 2nd claim to fame - Now he can be the Grouchy Fisherman.

Hi Patty Jo,

I love the photo of your grandson and dog. What a tranquil place.

I also went to the site and signed up for the newsletter and spent a half hour wandering around.

I got some Christmas shopping done! If anyone has a minute or two to spare, check out the site. They have quilts for sale--and at a price that reflects the work put into them. Cute earrings and bags as well.

Where in Washington is this?

Yes I do too Bobbi. My DIL and 2 of her sisters started this out of a non-profit organization that they have called "Stone Soup" after the old story. As an outreach out of that, this little Botique was started and I didn't realize that it was now on the web until I got this yesterday in my e-mail. I've also spent about 15 mins or so looking at the web site. Some truely beautiful things there and Linda R, I'm glad that you were able to get some of your Christmas shopping done. I noticed that some of the quilts there were made in Eastern Oregon. I'm glad that this is helping out a lot of hard hit economic areas. thanks y'all for looking at the website as I know this will help those artisans.

What about a cool picture quilt with the cover in the center of the quilt. I am not always big on the picture quilts - but have seen a few that are spectacular. The rest of the quilt could be very woodsy, fishing, etc. Lots of fabrics out there and some very neat appliqué patterns with these motifs. Just a thought. Your young man and his pup just need to be the stars. The other idea - since you paint or at least you have done those wonderful painted quilts (love them) - is to paint a center panel of the mag. cover or even do a scan and partially paint giving it more depth for the center panel/block. I can't do these things - but I sure can help think about things I can't do..... LOL .

Good luck and let me know. Would love to know what you plan to do.

Oh Oh Patty Jo I can see a ribbon winning quilt coming up soon. That is such a wonderful picture of your grandson and how funn he is the "grouch". Reminds me of where I grew up and now my youngest and her family is up in Rochester. I love it up there. I could move up there in a heartbeat. Thanks for the web address. it will surely come in handy for shopping for my out of state kids.

Archived