Brand new-never used- fabric advancer for Millenium

When I bought my Millenium in 2000, I got the fabric advancer with motor. I have never even taken it out of the box. After this amount of time, I doubt I will ever use it so I would like to sell it to someone who could use it. Also, would like some feedback from quilters who use it and think I should keep it.

If you've never used it, you probably won't miss it - but IMHO the fabric advance is one of the best luxuries on the APQS machines! I used the ratchet locks on A-1 and Gammill longarms before I bought my Millie, and I can't imagine having to go back to that tedious process.......

IF I get rich again, I'm hoping our welder can help us figure out how to put the fabric advance on the Lenni.. I can't roll and tighten down lenni without pain, so himself is often in there actually doing something to help me... wink, LOL... simple to cure a rag in a quilt.. unless its oily.. then murder.. :mad: :mad:

That is the one big regret, that we can't just order the fabric advance and install it on Penny.

Ahhhh life would be so much more fun.

RitaR

• 2 weeks later...

I'm always behind but I thought I would share why I could never have the motorized fabric advancer. This is my best quilting buddy. Could you imagine the mess he could make with an unsuspecting foot petal. And he's only one of two. I step over alot and also regularly have to redirect napping efforts.

2332755440062887678S425x425Q85.jpg

No! Never without the fabric advance - it is the best ever. Just love it!!!! You gotta take it out of the box and use it! My little guy has learned to stay away from the foot pedal - only took once and he decided that piece of equipment was not for him - he also sleeps under my table. Granted he is much smaller, but he knows his place:

post--13461900346791_thumb.jpg

I don't have the fabric advance so I've never missed it. I bought my Millennium as an upgrade from an Ult. I and kept my same table and the fabric advance wasn't included with the upgrade. I've done just fine without it but I guess you never miss what you never had.

I tried my fabric advance on the floor, and it was great. Then, due to all the bins under my frame, it was hard to move it from the front to the back, and back and forth as I went from front to back of the table. Now my "foot" pedal advance stays on the table and it is now a "hand" pedal advance. Silly to most of you reading this, but it works for me. :cool:

The motorized advance is one of the main reasons I purchased the Millie over other machines. There is NO WAY I would do without it. I am constantly wiggling the quilt back an forth to finish an area or specific motif.

When our two year old grandson is "helping" me quilt, I simply move the foot pedal up on the little cart I have for all my tools etc, and it becomes a hand pedal.

I think the resale value of your machine would be greatly reduced without it.

Archived