An enlightening moment

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In the last couple of days, I can't figure out why I didn't see this post until now. DH has been getting his before bed nap in on the couch and I'm sitting on the other end & I woke him up with laughing so hard. :D;):P:) It's a good thing I went to the little girls room before I sat down to read the chat tonight.

Yes, we have one of the Very Best chats that I know of. :cool:

When "home" computers were fairly new the .............for "Dummies" books came out.

I laughed myself silly when I found the one that said "Do's for Dummies"!

Another Blond moment when I found out it was "DOS (the computer language) for Dummies" Hmmmmmmmm..........

Ok I have to get in on this because my husband almost has a dictionary of everything I mispronounce. I do it in front of groups of people at lectures and demos and then he tells me about it later. We were demoing the machines at a roadshow and I was telling people how to use the pantos on the back of the machine but I was told that I said the word "panties" instead. I was wondering why Dave and Carla were rolling at the back of the room.

DeLoa

When my DD, Jen, was about 8 years old...the raisin commercial was huge. "Heard it Through the Grapevine" was on tv and the radio all the time. We were driving in the car and the song came on so I cranked it up and DS and I started belting at the top of our lungs. Jen was grumbling in the back seat so I turned down the radio and asked what she was saying. She said, "I hate that song and the commercial. It just doesn't make sense to me." I asked her what about it didn't make sense. She replied, "I don't understand why those potatoes are singing about grapes!" :P:D She has never lived that blonde moment down.

Originally posted by deloa

I was told that I said the word "panties" instead. I was wondering why Dave and Carla were rolling at the back of the room.

DeLoa

:P:D:P Love this thread!! I will have to mark it and come back anytime I need a laugh!! Thank-you, one and all!!!:D:P

Hi All. This is a hilarious thread! OK here is my moms remarks yesterday. I called her on her cell and found her in a store shopping for a humidifier. Well I don't like to talk to her when she is shopping and she goes on and on and gets me involved in her buying. Well anyway she told me she was reading the pamphlet and was trying to "siphon it." I said huh? You mean decipher it? She says, "yes desiphon it." LOL she'll never change! Jess we better never let our moms get together...they would be dangerous!

Our daughter was about 3 when her grandmother died. To the kids it wasn't such a sad time as she had not been able to communicate verbally for many years. We had told the kids that "Nanny" had gone to Heaven. Our daughter told everyone she knew and met that "Nanny" had gone to "Evan's house". At the time Evan was the name of one of our 18 yr old son's friends. We still laugh about that today!

Talking about mothers! Mine just learned to navigate and do a few things on the computer within the last 5 years and believe me we have heard a bit of funny computer lingo. Her current saying is "www" before giving someone the name of a site and we have tried to tell her that the new computers don't even need you to put in "www" before any site name as it is just understood now but she still very slowly and very succinctly repeats it just the same.

Thanks for all the laughs!!!!

Cher

Oh Cher - you just reminded me of another good one....

When my daughter was only alittle over 2 years old, Great Grandpa Neal died. While we were at the service and right in the front row of the Church, as they started to carry out his coffin, my sweet little one says "Shhhh - Grandpa Neal is hiding in there!"

Oh what a way to lighten-up the moment - crying and laughing at the same time.... she was and still is so cute, and says the darndest things!

Archived