What's on the Frame?

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just finished another fun one. For once I actually didn't screw it up in the quilting process. Maybe there is hope for me yet. It is a Texas Star that I actually found the border fabric first and then had to come up with something to go in the middle.

My question is: as you can see I didn't do any quilting in the little striped border. I thought that it would work out but now I am not sure. Should I put it back on the frame and do something and if so what?

There are more pictures in my webshots, 2008 album pages 5 and 6.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

2382773650098991033S425x425Q85.jpg

2571760970098991033S425x425Q85.jpg

2028266240098991033S425x425Q85.jpg

2954999020098991033S425x425Q85.jpg

2490660870098991033S425x425Q85.jpg

2627980640098991033S425x425Q85.jpg

Very Nice Bonnie! I like the little daisies in the red diamond area, how it breaks it up a bit! Very Very nice feathers too!!!

Jeanne, the quilt above is the one I made for my daughter who just got married in August. Those are her livingroom colors. She's very pleased with it. So, yes I made the whole dang thing. lol It was fun!

Lynda:

That is really lovely! I do think that I would SID around the small striped border or something similar, nothing fancy. I like your feathers and treatment of the diamonds in the star. You did a great job on this!

Linda:

This just makes me laugh! Talk about a unique mix of shirts (and undies) I bet this was fun to quilt!

A very narrow cross hatch in the flower centers. and I think I'd go either a rope, or a small leaf trailing vine down the light border.. something to keep the swirl in the big floral blocks going, but not feathers. Very pretty quilts.. ALL of you, even if it has undies on it.. LOL.

Love the views.... thanks for sharing them and the ideas.

RitaR

Kerry - what a beautiful quilt and I love the way you quilted it. That outer border is fabulous.

Is that a stencil? And the ribbon candy - I have ribbon envy - I can only do that stuff for

about 6 inches and it starts getting wonky.

So you asked about the white border. I thought that maybe e's and l's would look good and still

be in character with the quilt.

post--13461900552437_thumb.jpg

I actually pieced and quilted this week (DH was out of town) and put the binding on last night. Living in Florida, I wanted a winter scene for a change. I love snow and winter even though I grew up in So. California and have since always lived in tropical areas and now Florida.

2948721510103666079S425x425Q85.jpg

2204152210103666079S425x425Q85.jpg

What computerized system do you have QFairy? The buggy is cute.

Nice Quilts everyone.

Holly those feathers hardly look like what my practice feathers once looked like. That DWR is coming to life. Very nice quilting.

Patty those CShells look awesome. I do mine computerized but yours look awesome. Your good with that template. Love those colors.

Barb the colors in that quilt are delicious. Looks wonderful.

Linda very nice. I love love Judy Lyon designs. She is an awesome creator of panel designs. They look really better once quilted. I think they are very creative. The American are really cool.

So many nice tops here. I'm jealous that your all quilting something. lolol Have a good week. I hope to have something on my machine by the weekend. Still organizing my temparary studio and my gosh I had no idea I had so much until I had to move it and re-organize it in a different place. I need therapy. lolol What I really need to do is Finish the Gazillion quilts I have began to piece and finish them. Yikes!!!!\\

Again so many nice quilts.

Hugs Grammie Tammie

I think I will try a close cross hatch in the flower center's, and the el on the light border.

Linda, the ribbon candy is a cq design by Ellen Munnich, and the outer border and the block designs are also a cq design, by Deb Geissler; The only thing free hand is the SID, and that was a little easier this time with my new SID ruler. Those tabs really help you line up while learning.

Thanks for all the comments and ideas, maybe this afternoon I can finish this quilt,LOLOL

Linda Newell, beautiful quilt, I love border prints! and although I am not a pink girl, I love this quilt.

There are so many beautiful projects on this thread. I have a want to make list a mile long.!!!! Sew many quilts, Sew little time!

Thanks again for the finishing ideas!

I just love all of the quilts that you all are doing..so much talent.

Thought that I would show what is on my machine. This quilt is 120"x120". It's an oriental quilt that I am making(start to finish) for a customer. I'm thinking that I 'way undercharged on this as there is lots of quilting...lesson learned...maybe!

post--13461900554861_thumb.jpg

....I do have a new pattern I just finished, does that count?

I just finished my Formal Feathers 101 wholecloth pattern. It is based on my book of the same name and measures 36X36

This is a pattern that many of my students have been requesting since I began teaching the class. Trace, train the brain and quilt!

Winner winner chicken dinner! :D:D:D

post--13461900555267_thumb.jpg

Hi Shannon

Yes, I just uploaded it.

I am looking for someone to quilt it as I actually have customer quilts I have to do. I will supply the pattern for free if someone wants to volunteer. All I ask for is a pictures of the finished quilt in a timely manner to place on my webpage. Credit for quilting will be given and you get a free pattern and a lovely quilted Formal Feathered Wholecloth! Do I have any takers?

It goes without saying this is a limited offer. Please email me at sewfarsewgood@comcast.net if you are interested.

Archived