Smiling faces

OK, you guys we all need to get happy if possible. I was looking at the "today's posts" and realized that all the posts listed (2 pages) there are several :o's and a few:( 's, but no ;), :), :P, :D, or :cool: in the subject lines. So - let's all get happy??? Please, I need humor - almost as good a chocolate!!!

OK, off to the cupboard where the Halloween candy is stashed. Poor kids - probably will all be gone before the big day and I'll have to go out and buy more. :cool:

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

PattyJo, I was in Arkansas installng a set of cabinets this week and after supper one night went to Wal-Mart before going back to the motel. I made the mistake of walking down the Halloween isle and finally left with about six bags of candy!

Margie tells me that my teeth are going to rot out and I'm going to weigh 300# but it hasn't happened yet.

:P:P

mrmargie

We live right in the city...well, not really...we live on the very north, outside edge of the city. We do live in a residental area and last year we bought about 6 bags of candy and had 5 1/2 left the next morning. This year we are only buying one and when it is gone...we turn off the lights and lay low :)

I am on a mission to lose weight - again - My DMIL helped with that decision. We were looking through old pictures and ran across some of me, when I lived in Springfield and worked for Commerce Bank. Of course we had to dress up back in the old days. She looked at that picture and in astonishment said, "Oh my gosh, what happened to you?" :o She has such a way with words! I told her that was before I could afford to eat 3 square meals a day. She said, "Well, now I see what my son seen in you!!" - Like she didn't know until she looked at that picture!! :D:P:D Did I say I could write a book about my MIL?? Oh gosh...gotta love her :o (No you don't!!).

Bonnie,

Glad I know I have company and the bag of chocolate chips:P. I'll share them:D Do you like the milk chocolate or semi-sweet? When I want chocolate it doesn't matter.

I have to be real good when I shop at Whole Foods. They sell blocks of Calabue (I'm not spelling that right) chocolate...it is so good. My daughter and I will demolish a pound in a weekend:o, yum, yum yum. I try real hard not to buy it, but my lack of will power get the best of me sometimes.

Mary Beth,

That is what happened out where I live. I have a 510 foot driveway that is dark and the kids don't want to walk up it, plus there aren't that many of them. So I just don't bother and keeps the lights out.

What a nice thread to wake up to!:)

I'm also happy to hear I'm not the only one eating chocolate chips! Now I know why Costco sells the 3 lb. bags (semi-sweet only). I thought, "Geez, a lot of people do a lot of baking!"

I confessed to another soccer mom after 9/11 that I was eating about a quarter cup a day (probably low-balled that number), and she said, "Those are your cigarettes. Chocolate soothes your nerves just like nicotine does." Who knew? I don't know whether that made me feel good or bad. :):):)

Marty Provencher

I agree this is a great thread to wake up to. Thanks, Patty for mentioning that we need more smiles.:P:D:);):P;):):D

I didn't read the list at all yesterday as I spent the whole day out in the pouring down rain working in my garden. Not a smiley time!! But it is in the house today and quiting so that is very smiley!!:P:);):P;):D:):D

Originally posted by Stagecl

I need to stay away from the 3 lb bags of chips, cuz they show up on my hips:P:P:P

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Love it. For me, hips and belly. I quit buying those bags, but once up, that scale just doesn't want to move down!:mad:

But I've found a new, delicious, more healthier habit (or so I tell myself)---every morning a bowl of oatmeal---with a big spoon of nutella in it.

Marty

All the smiley faces are wonderful. Thanks Beth for the prayers and I know that others here are doing the same thing. Looking forward to seeing Linda A, Sherry, Beth, Nancy Jo, Nora and I'm probably missing someone here, at the NW quilt Expo tomorrow. Right now, the quilting events are keeping me thinking ahead and having something to look forward to.

So, thank you all for adding to the smiley faces. And go ahead - have another chocolate chip, piece of candy or a spoonfull of Nutella!!! Happy Day:cool::D:P:);):cool:

PS - Yes the large bags of semi-sweet chocolate chips from Costco. Get one a year and try and make it last thru cookies and snacks too.

Archived