Smiling faces

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree, Bonnie...white chips will do the trick:P:P but milk chocolate is my favorite too:D

Love nutella! I can't keep that in the house either because my daughter loves the stuff too. Have you ever had a banana nutella crepe? YUM:D:P:) Now, I probably have to get a jar and try it with oatmeal. I'll be good and not put the whole jar in the one bowl:P;)

We don't get many kidlets, just the next door neighbors, so we usually buy regular candy bars, something that dh can eat the leftovers in his lunchbox. This year, we're copping out and giving the kids individually wrapped fruit roll-ups...How BORING can ya get! no Chocolate! One year we gave bags of nuts. The little boy next door loves nuts, so he thought it was cool, but his little sister is quite the chocoholic,and she thought we were bonkers! lol! :P

Ever tried mixing candy corn and peanuts? Just put them in a bowl, a bag of corn and a bag of shelled salted peanuts, it's yummy! :D tastes like salted nut rolls.

Can I whine one more time....I want to go to Innovations! I was reading the post where you were all talking about the classes you are taking so I went online to see just what this Innovations is....and I want to go! Whaa, whaa, whaa!:( (is that even how you spell whaa?) Anyway, I want to go, boo hoo. I can't go this year as I still have a day job and no vacation left due in part to my little trip to Calaifornia to get the mid-life crisis car. But I'll be planning on it for next year! Have fun girls!!:) Pass along some of the tips and tricks you learn to the rest of us left behind!

Robin

Robin, Can you join us on the 19th of Oct. in Portland for an Innovations debrief? We'd love to have you!

Marty, I've never tried Nutella, and I think I'd better stay away from it. However, I just unloaded my 50lbs (yes, you read that right) of thick cut oatmeal from Bob's Red Mill yesterday. Gosh I love that stuff!

:D:P:D:P Chocolate chips? Semi-sweet or the Dark, but milk will do in a pinch... just sprinkle some frozen chips into the jar of peanut butter and grab a spoon!!! :P:D:P

:):):) Love the candy corn and peanuts!! Perfect sweet and salty taste - have not bought any this year yet, but very tempted..... I did just finish off my frozen Choc. covered peanuts - go OH SO good with that morning cup of coffee!!! :):):)

Originally posted by BethDurand

Robin, Can you join us on the 19th of Oct. in Portland for an Innovations debrief? We'd love to have you!

Marty, I've never tried Nutella, and I think I'd better stay away from it. However, I just unloaded my 50lbs (yes, you read that right) of thick cut oatmeal from Bob's Red Mill yesterday. Gosh I love that stuff!

Beth, the thing with Nutella is that you can tell yourself it's for health food. I big heaping tablespoon on a banana or an orange or in oatmeal has you eating your fruit and fiber while getting your chocolate fix. I do use the good oatmeal, not the quick stuff. But a half a cup of oats with a cup of water in the microwave for 3 minutes and it's quick, too. The hardest part is finding a bowl it won't boil over. I wish I could say I'd eat the oatmeal plain, but I'm not there yet.

And did I mention that Costco has big jars of it? Reason enough to keep my costco membership now that my hollow-legged son is off at college and somebody else's responsibility to feed! :D;):o

Marty

Oh Shana - you are tooooo funny. I love your VBG. I'll miss getting to meet you at Innovations, but i know that sometime in the future, we will be able to sit down and have a cuppa and CHOCOLATE!!!:cool::D:P:cool:

Jim, I loved your smiles too. How original of you both. :cool:

Great faces Jim - Smiles all around.

I do have a DMIL story. When DH and I were dating and I went to meet his mom and step dad for the first time, we had dinner and being the good girl that I was (everyonce in awhile I can pull this off) I went out to the kitchen to help clean up and do dishes. There I was with my arms in the dishwater and she says "I sure hope your not marring Bill for his money, cause he doesn't have any!!! Well, I just affirmed her that neither did I !! About 10 years later I asked if she remembered that and she says that she couldn't possibly have said something like that and both Bill and I reassured her that she did. Now we have a good laugh over it. She is a sweet lady, but she is like a momma bear when it comes to protecting her little boy!!! Anyway, that is now long past and we're still short on the money part of life!:cool:

Archived