NQR - DH's update

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

thank you all for all of the kind words of comfort. I'm doing Ok today, and tomorrow is another day. Today, I found a note that Bill had written on a sticky note - "I'm looking forward to seeing you tonight, I love you." I've laughed today, and I've cried today. So it will be a rocky road, but I know that I have a solid rock to stand on and God will be right there beside me. I'm looking forward to seeing some of the Moxie members at the services. Hugs & tears - yes there will be those, but to see some of my friends will be great and I know that there are many cyber hugs that I can feel already. thankyou

Dear Patty Jo,

I've been following your posts on Bill's "progress", as he progressed from this life to the next. Here's a little poem I put in my Dad's memorial bulletin, exactly 2 months ago. When the tears come, I know I'm crying for myself, not for him, as he has fought the good fight and finished the race, just as Bill has. I hope this little poem brings you comfort.

IF YOU COULD SEE ME NOW

~ author unknown

(adapted by Darlene Epp)

Our Prayers have all been answered and I’ve finally arrived.

The healing that had been delayed has now been realized.

No one’s in a hurry, there’s no schedule to keep.

We’re all enjoying Jesus, just sitting at His feet!

If you could see me now, I’m walking streets of gold.

If you could see me now, I’m standing tall and whole.

If you could see me now, you’d KNOW I’ve seen His face!

If you could see me now, you’d know my pain has been erased.

You wouldn’t want for me to ever leave this place,

If you could see me now.

My temporary trials have worked out for my good,

I know it brought Him glory and that I’d misunderstood.

Though we all have had our sorrows, they never can compare;

What Jesus has in store for us, mere words can never share.

You wouldn’t ever want for me to leave this perfect place

If you could only see me now, you’d see my smiling face. :)

Big Hugs,

Darlene Epp

post--13461900762673_thumb.gif

Thank you Darlene for that poem. It is right on & I'm sure that is true. I'm just selfish enough that I wanted him around for another 30 or 40 years.

Our 2 sons and their families are here with me for Thanksgiving and our daughter and her family, Bill's mom, sis, neices and cousins are all coming into town on Friday. Our church has been so supportive - a dinner has appered every night since last Sat and so many of our neighbors have brought over breads & desserts, offered all kinds of help. I totally feel cared for and totally humbled by the outpouring for my family and myself.

Below, is the obituary that our daughter wrote. I couldn't have described Bill any better.....

NOONAN, William "Bill"

(Age 63)

Born in Spokane, WA went home to be with his Lord and Savior on November 21st after a courageous battle with cancer. Bill was an amazing father, friend, and husband, who is survived by Pat, his loving wife of 34 years. He is also survived by his mother Rozella; Bill's stepfather Ray; sister Nancy; son Kurt Noonan and wife Erin, son Rick Noonan and wife Lorrin; daughter Kris and husband Bryan; three grandsons, three granddaughters; nieces, a nephew; numerous cousins and friends. Bill was first and foremost a lover and follower of Jesus Christ and was a great example to all who knew him of what a godly man should be. His quiet, gentle, generous nature made an impression on those who met him. As a son, he was valued, as a brother he was cherished. As a father he was looked up to and honored. As a husband, he was loving, faithful, and strong. As a friend he was honest and generous. As a follower of Christ, he was an example. Bill will not only be remembered for all of the attributes that he shared, but also for his wonderful sense of humor. From his silly stories, to his "dress up" antics, there were more than a few people left scratching their heads. We thank him now for those great memories that make us smile. Although his departure from us is a great loss; we know that he is waiting and we will once again be reunited with our husband, father, son, brother, and friend. Services will be held on Saturday, November 29th at New Hope Foursquare Church at 1pm. 4963 Swegle Rd. NE, Salem, OR 97301. In lieu of flowers, contributions can be made to Union Gospel Mission, or Salem Resource Center.

Thank you all for your many kind words, thoughts & prayers.

And thanks Jim for the flowers.

Ah my friend, your daughter's tribute to her dad is so beautiful. thank you for sharing that.

I add my sorrow at his passing and my joy that his pain is now gone and he is Home.

I will not see you on Saturday as we will be up North with family but my thoughts and prayers will be with you.

May you find comfort in the arms around you from family and friends and most of all continue to rest in Him.

thank you for sharing this journey with us.

Darlene that is a wonderful poem and with you permission I will use it also in my grief classes. I am so sorry at your dad's loss and may you rest during this time in His loving arms.

Archived