NQR - DH's update

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Patty Jo,

Thank You for sharing your journey with us. Your strength and courage has been a wonderful inspiration to us all. May God give you continued strength to mourn through this difficult time, and know you are not alone. You and Bill were so fortunate to have shared your lives with eachother. May all the wonderful memories remain in your heart forever, and may those memories help get you through this time of sorrow.

Much love and prayers to you and your family Patty Jo... (((((HUGS)))))

Evy Hayes

PattyJo,

From the bottom of my heart, I am so sorry for what both you and Bill have been through.

I lost my dad this year in April. He was 86 and was done in by Mesothelioma (rare lung cancer caused by exposure to Asbestos). I still miss him every day and suspect I always will.

My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Patty Jo,

My prayers go to you and your family, but how wonderful for Bill. He is at the feet of our Lord and is in a new body. Next month as we celebrate the birth of our Lord here on earth, Bill will be there in person to celebrate with him. My thoughts will be with you everyday.

Patty Jo,

Wow, so much has already been said here....

The Lord is with you AND bill thru this journey of grief AND celebration.

My prayers are with you and your family throughout this time in your lives.

Continue to lean on those who surround you with love, comfort, and happy memories.

May the Lord be with you,

Quilted Hugs,

Patti, I am so sorry for your loss and know that you will continue to miss your dh. But how comforting it is to know that he is healed and perfect now, with no more pain, no more cancer, sitting at the feet of his Lord and Savior. One can only be happy for him, even as you are missing him. Keep leaning on The One who will always be there for you. And know that to a much smaller degree, we are here for you as well.

PattyJo and Family, what else can I say that hasn't been said here already. Sadly we knew this day would come but we're never prepared for it to actually happen. Thank you for sharing Bill with us and opening up to us for comfort. Bill is healed and walking with the father. I'm sure he's looking down on us right now, so I will smile and tell Bill we're here to help you. Love and prayers to you and your family.

Dear Pattyjo and family~

While there is finally peace for Bill, I know this is not an easy time for any of you. Please know you all are in my daily thoughts and my heart goes out to all of you.

Having family close during this time of loss and adjustment brings comfort. Thank you for allowing us all to share in your time of difficulty and letting us send our loving hugs.

Your friend, Bonnie

Patty Jo, I am so sorry to hear about your loss. Continued Prayers for you and your family.

(((((((((((((((Hugs))))))))))))))) from me to you.

I ran across this the other day when looking for something else. Thought I would share it

If Tomorrow Starts without Me

If tomorrow starts without me, And I'm not there to see;

If the sun should rise and find your eyes All filled with tears for me;

I wish so much you wouldn't cry The way you did today,

While thinking of the many things, We didn't get to say.

I know how much you love me, As much as I love you,

And each time you think of me, I know you'll miss me too;

But when tomorrow starts without me, Please try to understand,

That an angel came and called my name, And took me by the hand,

And said my place was ready, In heaven far above,

And that I'd have to leave behind, All those I dearly love.

But as I turned to walk away, A tear fell from my eye,

For all my life, I'd always thought, I didn't want to die.

I had so much to live for, So much yet to do,

It seemed almost impossible, That I was leaving you.

I thought of all the yesterdays, The good ones and the bad,

I thought of all the love we shared, And all the fun we had.

If I could relive yesterday, Just even for a while,

I'd say good-bye and kiss you, And maybe see you smile.

But then I fully realized, That this could never be,

For emptiness and memories, Would take the place of me.

And when I thought of worldly things, I might miss come tomorrow,

I thought of you and when I did, My heart was filled with sorrow.

But when I walked through heaven's gates, I felt so much at home.

When GOD looked down and smiled at me, from His great golden throne,

He said "This is eternity, And all I've promised you."

Today for life on earth is past, but here it starts anew.

I promise no tomorrow, but today will always last,

And since each day's the same way There is no longing for the past.

But you have been so faithful, so trusting and so true.

Though there were times you did some things, you knew you shouldn't do.

But you have been forgiven, and now at last you are free.

So won't you take my hand? And share my life with me?

So when tomorrow starts without me, Don't think we are far apart,

For every time you think of me, I'm right here, in your heart.

Author Unknown

Patty Jo,

I am so sorry to hear about your husband. I lost my father this year. He had Alzheimer's. He was only 73. I have been helping my mother as much as I can, since this is the first time in her life she has been alone. I can only imagine what you have been going through. I, too, believe that when my father left, he left his disease behind when he walked into heaven.

I found this and I thought it might help:

If only warm thoughts

and gentle words

could be sewn together,

I would gather

all I could find

and create a quilt of comfort

that would keep you from

the sorrow's cold.

May you always know

that caring and thoughts

are with you.

Please take care of yourself.

I never know what to say at times like this because that pain of loss will only get better with time, but I echo what has been said earlier by the others here. You have loved and are loved by many.

Bill's journey is over, you are still on yours and you have both shown much grace and faith through it all. In Ecclesiasties God shows us that there is a time for everything "a time to be born and a time to die.....a time to weep and a time to laugh, a time to mourn and a time to dance...." You are going through the tough ones right now, but thankfully your Lord is with you through all of the good and bad.

We are all weeping for you and the pain of your loss. Thank you for sharing Bill with us. I've been honored to be included by being able to read your posts of your journeys through these hard times. Bill and you have forever taken a place my heart.

PattyJo,

I too mourn Bill's passing. We have all watched the courage that you and Bill have shown us through this struggle. I believe that this journey has touched many lives. I know that it has strengthed my faith. I am honored to know you. Bill is with the Lord now and without pain and I am sure that gives you much comfort.

You and your family will be in my prayers as you set out on the new path that the Lord has made for you. Only He knows the plan He has for you. Your faith and the grace of God will guide you now as it has in the past. God bless you, Patty Jo.

Big hugs from California,

Patty Jo...

My thoughts have been with you thru' this. It is now a year since my husband passed away ( I have to say that all the thoughts you all have been sending Patty Jo have also been a comfort to me, as well! ). Christmas will be hard since you are going to have to go thru' the motions of buying gifts, etc for the family then when January comes you may feel blue when real life sets in again. I know that you know that when that happens, you will find strength in your friends here again. There have been days when an obstacle comes up and you will deal with it...these are the times I've heard my grandson's voice in my head saying, " I did it! ". Remember not to be overwhelmed with the thoughts of how you will face the future...just deal with one day at a time and you will manage. One of the hardest things for me is being in a mall and seeing the older couples walking hand in hand and thinking, "that's supposed to be me". There will be times, too, when you think it's all been a nasty dream and he'll drive up from work any minute. Remember what someone told me...time doesn't heal, but it will make it more bearable.

Talk care of yourself,

Sandra

Archived