Danger, stay away from the peanut butter area.....

OK .......... now you have jogged my memories!!! As a kid.......favorite sandwich ........... Peanut Butter & marshmallow toasted on cheap white bread - the kind that sticks to the roof of your mouth and is soooooo bad for us. Still love it - always have to buy the healthy stuff for DH - I eat the GOOD stuff - guess who's smarter ......LOL

so my family is a more than a little off the wall

1 is pb +marshmallow fluff(or jelly if we are out of marshmallow fluff)+cream cheese

the 2nd pb+cream cheese+honey

or the 3rd one (my really off the all one) does pb mixed w/ maple syrup + cream cheese

but all three of them eat it on tortillas not bread....

Here's the best idea yet! GRILLED PB&J.

You might ask why I would take a picture of my sandwiches...

Margie doesn't pay quite as much attention to detail as I do so I decided to show her how you cook a "perfect" grilled sandwich.

As you might imagine, she didn't accept the lesson as well as I'd hoped she would.

post--13461900919132_thumb.jpg

YUM, I'll definetly have to try that Mr Margie and yes, it looks mighty perfect to me except you forgot the raison eyes and the marshmellow mouth!

Here is a link I found to all the wnderful peanut butter flavors. Looks like I have allot of experimenting in my future! http://www.thenibble.com/REVIEWS/main/jams/jam2/gourmet-peanut-butter-flavors.asp

HOLY COW !!! Who woulda' thunk it!!:D

All those flavors Sherry - I can see that you will soon need more room in your kitchen to store all those new flavors. And I thought going from creamy to chunky was a big step for me.

One of my dad's favorite sandwiches was when the WallaWalla Sweet onions were in the stores, he'd slice them and have peanut butter and onion sandwiches. He even taught their dog to like them and she would beg for onions and ate them. My favorite all time peanut butter sandwich has to be with Orange Marmalade - Now I'll have to go and get one and try grilling it for lunch!! :cool:

Just so all of you know - the GOOD Stuff to me is the 'L Cheapo' white bread!!!!!!!!!!!!! DH hates it - I love it and especially with PB & J, PB & M, Tuna, Turkey ..... the list goes on............. Also have you ever tried PB & dill pickles - another good on! Oh! PB & potato chips - everything in one on the run ............ LOL:D

My dad used to eat bread (the cheap white stuff) and milk for dessert. He put one slice on his plate, pour milk over it, then another slice, milk and sprinkle with sugar. When us girls were little we would stand at his elbow and he would give us all a bite. And we would hope for a bite with no crust! He made it for my kids and they enjoyed it just as much!

Oh, you bring back so many memories!

DH is insisting that I tell you about PB& J french toast. We have been together for 20 years and this is the first I am hearing about it, but he tells me that it is wonderful. Maybe I should make him make it for breakfast tomorrow. :)

He said that he takes a PB&J sandwich and dunks it in beaten egg with milk and vanilla then pans fries it like regular french toast.

And I got to learn something new about DH. :)

My sisters favorite thing growing up was cheap white bread with lots of sugar on it. I would rather have PB&J or a fluffer nutter (PB & marshmallow fluff). Or just PB on a spoon. Yummy!

My mom used to make us sugar sandwiches. Store-bought bread spread with butter with sugar sprinkled (liberally) on top.

Wow, the healthy food gurus would be jumping up and down. It's a wonder any of us made it out of the 60's alive.

My grandad always trimmed the fat off of any ham or roast that grandma cooked, and that's what he ate!

The FAT!!

They always ate fresh butter churned from cream that rose to the top of the milk from their own cows, and plenty of bacon, and biscuits, and gravy, and naturally most everything they ate was fried. In lard.

Of course he only lived 97 years, and Grandma just made it to 89, so I guess that kind of eating will get you sooner or later.

My mom use to make us "eggs in the nest" she took the cheap white bread, cut a hole in the center of it using a glass to make the nest then she would put butter in a skillet to melt it place bread in then crack an egg in the center of the bread so it filled the hole then she fried it on both sides until golden brown...she also fried in butter the circle piece from the bread she removed...yummy!!!

One of my Grandmas use to make us Chip Beef on Toast...Make a white gravy then chop up and stir in "Budding" prepacked beef heat & pour over cheap white bread that was toasted! Talk about comfort food :P

Can't do SOS's anymore...had to many of those as a kid....

What makes me giggle is that Mom would make TONS of bread each week...12- 15 loaves, but there were the rare times that she just ran out of time like during canning season that we had to eat "Store bought Bread" and I have to admit, I LIKED it....it was sqwishy, you could make huge bread balls out of it....roll it in sugar and cinnamon...yummy for my tummy.

However, my fav PB & J is Chunky (anybrand) and real blackberry jam...with tons of seeds in it..... Haven't ever had a grilled PB&J so will have to experiment with that one....Mr. Margie's really made me hungry. ;):P

Oh my...are the memories flooding back to my childhood! Eggs in a Nest are still one of my favorites. My kids even like them. I scramble the eggs though. YUM! And yes, I still buy the cheap bread. I love it. Makes any sandwich taste better. This topic made me hungry too.

Off to make sandwiches for lunch...ham and swiss with mayo, lettuce and tomatoes.

Archived