Christmas Engagement

I am so happy! Great Christmas!

My oldest son proposed to his girl on Christmas morning. Brandon was nervous, she cried, said yes (of course). Brittany is a wonderful girl, they've been dating two years. DS just graduated from Univ. West Fl and still has about 2 1/2 yrs school/training for his field (USMC pilot), so I do hope they wait at least a year or so. Her career is already going (radiologist), he has some serious studying still to do.

Congratulations to you all. My son-in-law proposed to my middle daughter on the 22nd seven years ago. He had planned to propose Christmas Eve, but he was so nervous and excited, he couldn't wait. :D They were married 15 months later, in the spring. They have such special memories of this time of year.

I hope the best for yours!

No sons here to worry about, but I have a girlfriend who's son was recently married...and its just about the same as it was 30 years ago.... and here was pretty much the list she went by....I asked her for it....for you.

Choose your wedding attendants (best man and groomsmen)

Select wedding attire for you and for the men in the wedding party (she may want to help)

Get groomsmen measured up for tuxedos early, and no matter where they may be

Arrange transportation to the ceremony for the bride, the father of the bride, the bridal party, the best man, the groomsman, and yourself

Arrange transportation for the entire wedding party from the ceremony to the reception (Why two types of transportation? You'll be arriving separately, but leaving as a couple. While you can take a taxi or hitch a ride to your wedding, try to find something nice for afterwards)

Arrange for accommodations for out-of-town guests

Purchase gift for your bride-to-be

Purchase groomsmen gifts for your groomsmen

Obtain a marriage license

Plan the rehearsal dinner

Prepare a toast for the rehearsal dinner

Prepare a speech for the reception

• 2 weeks later...

Archived