Traveling to California

There are tons in the LA area:) Here are some:)

The Creation Station (www.thecreationstation.com)

The Treasure Hunt (www.CarpenteriaQuilts.com)

Loving Stitches (661)254-1296

Cozy Cottage Fabrics (www.cozycottagefabrics.com)

Ginger's Quilt Shoppe (www.gingersquiltshoppe.com)

The Fabric Patch (www.thefabricpatch.com)

Cotton and Chocolate Quilt Co. (www.cottonandchocolate.com)

Fabric Hotel (www.fabrichotel.com)

Luella's Quilt Basket (great one!)(www.luellas.com)

Bunney Hutch Quilt N' Sew (www.bunneyhutch.com)

Material Possessions (awesome shop!)(www.quiltessentials.com)

Hope this helps:)

Thank you for the info and store listings. I am hoping to sneek out. I tried to search...but I cut the tip of my finger off on Sunday and I am having a heck of a time typing...You should see how long it takes me to type this message :D

Yes, LA area. We are going out on Friday, coming home on Tuesday....surely I can get to a store in that length of time.

:P:D No, not in the attic...this time I was chopping onions. See, I told the kids that beginning this year I would fix them what ever they wanted for a birthday dinner. Sunday was my stepson's celebration and he wanted tacos. Rod left that morning for his 15 mile walk and I cleaned the house then started cooking. I was just going to chop the onions, then hop in the shower. The entire time...in my head....(not the voices in my head, just my voice :P) I kept saying, be very careful, don't cut your finger....and before I knew it, most of my finger nail and part of my finger was gone. Since I was alone, I ran to the bathroom, stuck my hand under cold water and squated down on the floor trying to keep my head down so I would pass out. Once I got me and the finger under control I called Rod to see where he was and I remained calm. Once he got home, I decided I didn't need to go to the hospital...I would be fine. But on Monday morning I thought different. I went to the doctor, she sent me to a plastic surgeon, but I was right...there was nothing to bdo but let it heal. It sure puts a crimp in typing. I haven't got to my next customer quilt yet, but I have to piece one, and take one apart and re-piece it....so this should be fun.

Oh Mary Beth, this makes me weak just reading about your finger!

Ok, now I'm ok,

Heather, I am also headed out to LA at the end of next week with my DH, thanks for the listing of quilt shops, I am looking for something to do while my DH goes into the office one day. We are starting the week off in WPB, FL, does anyone know of any QS there?

Thanks,

Vicki

Linda,

to say the leasr! Ouch!! I stayed home from work Monday and went to doctors all day, then went to work yesterday. I felt fine yesterday, but decided not to take the pain pills because they made me feel sick...I'm heading to work hoping for and early out - then I'm hitting the pain pills hard :P

That answered my question, MB. I'm about 12 hours away from you, way up north in CA.

Sorry about your ifnger; that sounds painful. I think you husband should remove all the sharp objects from your home...especially rotary cutters:P:P But then, you husband goes for a 15 MILE walk?? Yikes. Does it take him all day? I'm far too lazy to do anything for that long without a horse under me:D

Those shops are all within 20-30 miles of one another:) As for Riverside, there is a shop called The Quilter's Cocoon www.quilterscocoon.com .

I used to live in Ft. Lauderdale, so I'm pretty familiar with West Palm Beach. There aren't any shops in WPB, but there are three shops in the Ft. Lauderdale area about half an hour south of there.

Sunshine Sewing Co. (It's in a bunch of office buildings. It used to be a lot better when it was in a separate shopping center:)) www.sunshinesewing.com (Janome dealer)

Once Upon A quilt www.onceuponaquilt.com Nice shop by the beach. If you go, you must go to JACKSON"S ice cream parlor. It's the best!(Bernina dealer)

Jamie's Country Stitches www.jamiescountrystitches.com (Bernina dealer)

MB - I feel your pain. :( I had to have surgery on 2 fingers to pin joints caused by arthritis. I have never had anything throb like that in my life. It took a good 2 months to be able to get back to normal activities like posting anything online, doing makeup (DH tried, but can anyone say SCARY!), buttoning a shirt (DH helped with that but...oh..never mind ;)), tying shoes, etc - - - take care of yourself girlfriend. :)

Ouchie :oOuch :o Youch :o on that finger cut, Mary Beth!!! :( Be careful!

OK I don't live in SoCal, but I used Google Map and Agoura Hills is north of LA near Thousand Oaks / Oxnard area. When I did a Google search of "Agoura Hills, Quilt" it pulled up a bunch of shops in that general area that has directions and phone numbers. Give that a try, MB. Have fun! :cool:

Shana

Agoura Hills is north of Malibu as the crow flies. There are a few shops in that area.

Quilt Emporium (lots of repro fabric)

4918 Topanga Canyon Blvd

Woodland Hills, CA 91364

(818) 704-8238

http://www.quiltemporium.com/

The Cotton and Chocolate is about 10 miles from Agoura Hills They've been in business about 5 years

up the Ventura Fwy (101) and then onto 23

1772 Avenida De Los Arbole # E

Thousand Oaks, CA 91362

(805) 241-0061‎

cottonandchocolate.com

The Quilters Studio in Newbury Park about 11 miles from Ag Hills up 101 also get off at Bunny Ranch (Rancho Conejo LOL) Leans toward the artsy side

1090 Lawrence Dr

Newbury Park, CA 91320

(805) 480-3550‎

quiltersstudio.com

GardenSlug - Santa Clarita is slim pickings for quilt shops. You want to ride a roller coaster, there's Magic Mountain. My husband was raised in Newhall/Saugus area which is the new Santa Clarita. Canyon Country is right up the road from Santa Clarita. My FIL lived there and I did manage to find one LQS while visiting them. It has been a few years since I was there. It is on Soledad Canyon, a main drag there in the mountains. Loving Stitches quilt shop.

Very friendly and a nice size.

21515 Soledad Canyon Rd # 121

Santa Clarita, CA 91350

(661) 254-1296‎

Archived