Quilting is Contageous!

Do you notice that when you're around quilters, it makes you want to quilt more? I spent the day with Jeanne in Kansas City and we shopped and ate and had so much fun. Just hearing about all Jeanne's quilting and seeing pictures of quilts she's recently done and quilts she has waiting to do . . great inspiration for me.

My recommendations are two: (1) If you're feeling a bit in a rut and can't get your quilting enthusiasm up and running, call a quilting buddy and spend the day together talking about quilting and (2) If you're a quilter and know someone needing a bit of a nudge in the quilting department, give them a call; share pictures and get them moving again.

Jeanne sure inspired me. I think I'll go load a quilt tonight.

Just go to a quilt show! My goodness did I come home with the determination to do more than I'll do in a lifetime.

When I see what other people do, I can't wait to try them all! There are so many creative people in this world, and I consider myself a newbie still. If I can just try and accomplish a tiny little bit of their ideas, I'll consider myself successful.

Thanks Judy for the encouraging words.

Originally posted by quiltmonkey

I wish I lived closer to you all... I'd be right there with you ladies.

We could all plan a big trip to Target during MQS!:P Somehow I think you'll all have bigger and better things to do while in KC.

That is so true. I went to a quilt class tonight and was thoroughly inspired to do more and more often. While at the class I never got tired, attention strayed, decided to stop and get a snack or go on line for a minute, etc., etc. Being around other quilters is such an inducement to get back in the grove.

That is so true. I love going to my guild meetings for the Show & Tell. It's always exciting to see what my friends have quilted since last month. Classes also get me going. too.

I am going to MQX this year in April and I hope to really get inspired from the classes I'm taking, and seeing the beautiful quilts on display, and also seeing the vendor mall and buying some rulers (etc, etc. :)).

JudyL,

I know you all had a great time...next time go by a Sonic...have a footlong chilidog...I would say "on me" but that is what I do when I'm with Jeanne. And I agree, she is very inspiring. Jeanne is a great quiltiner with a zeal...it is good to spend the day shopping or quilting with her.

For many reasons, classes are great for inspiration! The creativity of the teacher and the other students, learning something new, peer pressure/encouragement (you can do it!), indulging in a day of your own choosing, break from routine, etc.! I had a class with Sherry Rogers-Harrison and learned so much! The class was Ink-Lique but was part Creative Design and Formal Feathers as well!

Teri in ID

Quilt shows and classes and show & tell at guilds are great ways to stimulate our creativity and desire to quilt but . . sometimes it's not guild day or the quilt show isn't in town. Then you can grab a friend with lots of photos and spend the day together! How's that for a plan?

Those wanting to live closer, just pack more clothes when you come to MQS and stay! Simple as that!:P

I feel like going now, longarmer friends are different from quilty friends indeed.

Hi girls, I am in Bakersfield, Ca., and someday I will go with you all when I can, but right now I go to 2 guild meetings a month (I belong to 2 guilds, Cotton Patch Quilter of Kern County and Tehachapi Mountain Quilters) and show a lot of my quilts at show and tell segment of our meetings and shop at quilt shops while we are out, visit 1 friendship group once a week and go to nearby quilt shows in California.

I shop almost every week because I teach quilting at Beverly's craft and fabric store, I was told, teach quilting and customers will find you also. They hang my quilt samples at the store, that is if those quilts are the teaching sample quilt and because Beverly's carry extensive quilting fabrics, quilters come and they see my Work.

Corey

I was told that is one way of getting customers and it is working, my customer base is growing.

Judy its true. I was in burnout there for a bit and spending time with some other quilters locally that I have just recently met has me at my machine again. I am loving it again. Thank goodness.

I also love seeing my own designs on the quilts. Everytime I use one I want to do another one. lol

Hugs,

Grammie Tammie

You gals are on a topic I can really relate to today. I meet with a group of quilting friends on Wednesday's to work on hand work. We haven't met since before Christmas and today was the best day. Just chatting, seeing what everyone else is working on and going out to lunch together. I can't wait to get started on some new projects or finish up some UFO's. None of our group has a LA except me but they are always so encouraging me to try new things. Friends are great inspiration.

PS. Does anyone know how to add a photo to the avatar URL on the setup page. I can't get mine to copy there?

Archived