She will not tell you but I will!!!!!!

QuiltNana, Gloria, is expecting. She is due somewhere around July 10th. She is getting the baby's room ready now. She has chosen a name and I think it is just going to be Freedom because she said it will set her free! Congrats to Gloria! Love you girl!!!!:P:P:P

Oh, a question! She is undecided where to locate the baby's room - inside the main house that is climate controlled or out in the quilting shop that is only heated and cooled when she is out there. Which should she do?

I had mine in a noncontrolled room once couldn't help it...and my poles rusted...now I need to refinish them. You have to be able to control the humidity...if any, if not a concern about wet or dampness, then I wouldn't worry about it.

When I lived in Reno...I had no worries about damp... heat won't hurt the machine, but dampness does.

Well, nothing here is "climate controlled" (oh, well, you could shut a window I guess, but you wouldn't want to). Things get damp, things rust, you just have to keep on top of it. I have so far not had a big problem with it. If it got real cold & froze, that might be a problem I suppose.

Congratulations Gloria so thrilled for you!!!!!

I have my machine in an uncliimate controlled building but did have a heater put in the wall for winter and keep it on during then. Only turn the air on in the summer if it so hot I can't breath. The only reason we went ahead and put a heater on the wall was becuase my DSM rusted out. no damage to my Alice thank goodness. so I guess it depends on how damp Gloria's winters are.

Summers here in NC are awfully humid. I've not had things inside the house rust, but have had corrosion outside on things.

Congrats on the machine.. you'll have a blast with it, just like Ms. Rocket, and the rest of us.

Hi All, Many thanks for all of your suggestions. And I am so sorry I have not replied. I had some trouble with my apqs login, so have now assumed a new name....the name of my cat...Miss Scrapples. She is a quilty cat, very scrappy, but regal, and that's how she became Miss Scrapples. Also, this week we have been besieged with grandchildren, and I am able to work on computer only when I sneak into my bedroom to fold clothes....and just forget quilting altogether! It is early here, but I can hear them stirring! Oh, dear! I can't wait to get back to quilting and my discussions for my Freedom's new home! Have been found out, must go. More later!

Gloria in Sumrall, formerly Quiltnana

Hey Guys! Many thanks for all of your input. We have decided to put Miss Freedom in a spare bedroom in our house. Just cannot chance any problems. I have a dehumidfier in my quilting house, but this Freedom is a much bigger investment than anything thus far. Am sorry that I have been so long replying. Our lives are now calming down and we have happy memories of visits by all children and grandchildren and one, possibly two more on the way! Also, I have been having lots of trouble with email addresses, so now have new user name and new email address which I believe now will be permanent. Yesterday I got out in my quilting house with Sylvia for the first time in several weeks and it was just so good to be back home out there. We pieced and designed all day.....And now, I have a Freedom on the way. Am so excited. Will keep you updated.

Sylvia-

I'm new :P and so happy to be here! I'm in Tupelo which is about 4 1/2 hours north of Sumrall. My new baby was delivered Memorial weekend and I am so enjoying her, we haven't decided on a name but that will come. We measured every spare bedroom in the house and even considered moving out of the master but it would have made mornings ugh! So, with one son in college and declaring he will never move back, right! we took down the wall between his old bedroom and my sewing room and now I have a dream studio, a dream for me anyway! I had to pack everything in the studio and move out, never realized how much quilting stuff and fabric I had!!! :P but I am about moved back in, the Millennium keeps me from getting unpacking done. lol And my son and his brother are sharing a room this summer, my younger sons room is large enough for two queen beds (the boys are both 6'3") and its above our master and I hear male voices and laughter each night, how cool is that that!

I've had practice fabric on but am bored with that, its just time to put a quilt on, just going for it this weekend!! I've got a Halloween wall hanging that's been in the closet do I dare say 10 years! lol :P It will finally be quilted this weekend!! or attempted anyway. lol :P I really need to just take a few days off and quilt, lol would that not be nice! but we due to the economy we are down to one paralegal (me) and the attorney so will be happy to have my week off end of July to head to Iowa for classes, so looking forward to going. Is anyone else going the last week of July? Does anyone know a good quilt shop or two there??

Happy Quilting,

Cheri

Gloria-

Yes, we have two shops, Heirlooms Forever in Tupelo www.sews.com you can check them out online, open Mon - Sat. Also, Gotta have it quilt shop in Baldwyn right now she's open Thurs - Sat I would recommend calling first google for phone and address. I usually shop at Heirlooms Forever, its just easier for me to get to, both are smaller shops but I was spoiled living in Atlanta for so long. I also shop in Atlanta and Detroit metro area quilt shops, if anyone needs a good shop in either of these areas when visiting, I'll tell ya where they are.

Archived