Heidi is finally done marking!- now with sneak peak

I am so glad to be done marking my daughters quilt. It is a hunters star quilt that I pieced last year. She told me after the wedding that her quilt was my next project! Of course she is picky and makes no bones about it! I gave her my design books and of course she picks a design form Sharon Schamber...need I say more? The outside border is finally all marked and now I get get the quilt loaded start the hours and hours of quilting! It will be fun and I'm looking forward to it. I hope to get it loaded by this weekend.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by peglu

Heidi I feel your pain. Finally finished marking my lonestar and loaded it today. Quilted a little bit just to say it is started. Tomorrow, I am off to the races with this one. Wish me luck.

Wishing you luck and a little jealous that you get to start it today! I'm going to load a play piece first. I want to test out the cross hatching feature on the Quiltazoid since this quilt will have cross hatching in it. At least I get to play! Hopefully I can load something quickly!

Ooh, P. R. E. T. T. Y. I'm glad to hear your are going to try the Quiltazoid for the cross hatching. Curious to see how that works for you since I haven't tried that option on mine yet. I love your quilt colors, too! Lucky daughter!

Joleane,

In the white area I'm using a stencil design and then adapated it to fill out the area. I'll micro stipple around it to make it really pop. I'll repeat that design in the center of the big star with cross hatching to fill the rest, probably 1/2" lines. In the inner border I'll also cross hatch that to keep it consistant. In the small stars I'll do cc's but I will SID everything first. In the outside white border, 9 1/2", my daughter decided on a paisly type border by Sharon Shamber that is feathered and has lots and lots of circles. These are not like a pebble fill but rather circles around some of the feathers and in the middle. It will be a challenge to do that border but it will be very pretty when it is done. I will micro stipple all the white surrounding the inside motif and border. The quilt measures 98" sq!

Oh Heidi - I must have missed this when you posted the pic before. This is a beautiful quilt and either your daughter or yourself really picked out some great fabrics. As Shar said, your piecing is MASTERFUL and we haven't even seen the quilting!!! I know that you are really going to shine doing this one - especially cause it is your daughter's. :cool:

Linda,

For this one I used the blue washout marker and I'll use the miracle chalk for the centers of the dark blue stars. I decided that I didn't need to pre-mark those and I'll pounce them in as I go. I really like the Sewline marking pencils but you have to use detergent to get those marks out, at least that is my experience. I will also not use the gray or green as I've had problems getting those marks out. I have used pink a lot and never had a problem getting the marks out. I think it is my favorite marking tool but for whatever reason this time I used the blue marker, maybe because it matched :P:P:P:P

Originally posted by sagebrushquilter

Beautiful! Can't wait to see this one quilted. Is it done yet? What is keeping you from getting right on it? Please let us know how the CH board works on the Quiltazoid.

I have this problem called a day job! I so wish I were home quilting instead! I'm going to try to load a test piece tonight and test the cross-hatching. If I have problems I'll use my Topper to do the cross hatching. I really like the idea of not having to mark anything!

Archived