My CL Quilt

I recently finished this quilt. The pattern was in the Sept 08 Quilters Newsletter. Thought It'd be a perfect pattern for the CL. I did a freehand feather motif in the setting triangles, lots of SID, piano keys on 2 borders and of course a CL motif in the Blocks. I used the same fabrics as the magazine.

post--13461902202484_thumb.jpg

LOVE IT!! Wow those are my favorite fabrics--and I have that pattern pulled as a favorite too!!!

Thanks for the inspirations!!! Can't wait until I have the wedding, college, and various other family obligations paid for so that I can have time for myself again!!!

Terry,

I gasped when I saw your quilt because I am working on the very same pattern with the very same repro fabrics!!!! Although I have to keep putting it aside to work on customer quilts, I will eventually get it finished and plan to use wool batting with feathers in the large pink squares and CC on the rest. It is beautiful and now I am motivated to get it finished! Beautiful job! I'll try to finally figure out how to post pics too!

Vicki

Terry, Beautiful Quilt. Love the fabrics. CL well done. Way to go.

Marie. On doing the blocks. just put on a practice piece and practice, practice. Play with it. You can't go wrong. You are only limited by your imagination. Tell yourself " I can do this"!

When I first got my CL I was very intimidated by the instructions and put off doing the block patterns then, I thought I spent too much money for this not to learn how to use it. Now that I understand how to "read" the pattern instructions I love doing blocks as well as using the giant templates.

Thank you all for the kind words about my CL PPP quilt. For those who asked the blocks are 11-1/2" finished. The quilt is 66X79. Yes when I saw it hanging at the show I knew I just had to make it. Lucky for me she was selling the kits. I'm a kitacholic.

Sandra I used the Ginkgo. Design "B"- 8X's. It's on page 3 in the Ginkgo Booklet. Then I used the CL to make the 4 circle band around the outer edge.

Marie on each CL templates, I measured from the center hole to the outer edge of each different design motif, then doubled this measurement and wrote it right on each template design with a black marker. Now I know how large each of the designs will stitch out. It's now very quick to pick one out that'll fit onto the size block I'm working on. I also made a list on paper so I don't have to shuffle through the templates as much.

On the extra floating designs that are on the templates I wrote the measurement of each on the template also.

Originally posted by TAQuilts

each CL templates, I measured from the center hole to the outer edge of each different design motif, then doubled this measurement and wrote it right on each template design with a black marker. Now I know how large each of the designs will stitch out. It's now very quick to pick one out that'll fit onto the size block I'm working on. I also made a list on paper so I don't have to shuffle through the templates as much.

On the extra floating designs that are on the templates I wrote the measurement of each on the template also.

What a smart practical idea, to actually measure the design motif. I have the CL Ginko and have been actually trying the design on the machine to see if will fit in the block. Never thought to measure and mark!:)

Barbara after I'd finished marking the Letter and size on each design element of all my CL templates, my DH suggested using an engraving tool to mark on the templates with, DAH:o. Sure wished I'd thought of that. Beings mine are all marked up with a black pen now, I'm just waiting for Michael ;)to come out with new templates so I can see if engraving on them works.

Archived