My Latest Project

I just finished this customer quilt and I have to say a big "THANK YOU" to Darlene Epp! A few weeks ago she made a comment in another thread about us being "afraid of criticism" and "not being as good as" so and so. That really hit home with me. I have had this fear of feathers and free motion!

With this quilt I stepped out of my "comfort zone" and had a blast! I think it turned out pretty good. Can't wait for the next feather challenge.

Patty

post--13461897819922_thumb.jpg

REALY GREAT JOB:o:D OOH AHH

HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN DOING LA. QUILTING I CAN ONLY HOPE TO BE DOING AS WELL IN THE FURTURE

GREAT PHOTO AS WELL !!! WHEN I GET GOOD ENOUGH TO POST A PHOTO, I'LL GET YOU TO TELL ME HOW. I'LL BE TAKING A CLASS OR TWO FROM DARLENE, MAYBE THIS SUMMER SHE MUST BE A VERY GOOD TEACHER IF HER STUDENTS CAN PRODUCE SUCH LOVLEY WORK:D:D

Thank you all sooooo much for your comments! :) You have really boosted my confidence level. I delivered the quilt this morning at quild and the customer was thrilled!

Caron, you cracked me up when I read your post :P:P

Gerry, I got my machine the end of May last year, but I have been quilting with my domestic machine for about 4 years.

Patty

Patty,

You did a terrific job! I love how the quilting makes the quilt 'move'!

Do you mind me asking: what did you do in that outer border?

When I have busy fabric like that in the outer border, I wonder if it is worth the time and effort for something custom. Will it be seen?

Thanks.

Linda/9patch

Hi, Thanks again for your kind comments.

Brigitte - I have a 12" crosshatching stencil with a 1" grid. I marked the center and then stitched using a ruler. I wish I had the Circle lord crosshatching gadget! :(

Linda - I agree that there is no need to waste time on a busy fabric. I just meandered it! There is a 4 patch in each corner that you can't see. I did the Terry twist in each of those.

Patty

Archived