IQ Forum

The only reason there is still a CQ Forum is that APQS used to sell CQ and they are keeping this forum open to help support the buyers who purchased the CQ system from them.

APQS has spent the last 2-3 years developing QuiltStudio, their own computerized system, so they would have absolute control over the quality and consistency of the support.

You don't see Ford dealerships offering service and support for Buick. IMHO, it doesn't make much sense for APQS to PAY for web space to offer forums for all the competitve systems. This is a free forum, but believe me when I say that bandwidth is not free, and the more you use, the more you pay.

I wasn't asking for APQS service and support. I just thought it would be nice for the growing number of us that have APQS and IQ to have a separate forum to share experiences that we have in common (APQS and IQ).

There seems to be some interest in it and I think the others are like me. They aren't looking for service and support from APQS. Just a place to share what we have in common (APQS and IQ).

Hi Debbie,

By "support" I didn't mean phone or tech support. Sorry if that came out wrong. We all know that this APQS sponsored public forum is about the best for "the support of others". Not sure I worded that right either, but I hope you get my meaning. There is no other forum on the internet as open and free as this one, but I think when it comes to specific "special interest" groups, it may be a good idea for someone to start a separate web presence for that.

It's very easy to set up a yahoo group. I've done it for my Dad's extended family, the idea for which came out of a family reunion. You can post pictures, create help files etc., just like the Machine Quilting Professionals group has done.

I would encourage one of you Millie/IQ owners to give it a try. It's fun to have a more private place to discuss things, and you can keep on topic much more easily than on a huge forum like this one. OR, ask IQ if they'll set up a "brand specific" forum on the IQ website, since your interests in this instance are about IQ and not as much about Millennium machines. Does that make sense?

I know this forum is where we all feel "at home", but I think there may be a limit to what one specific company may be willing to provide. :o Note that I don't speak for APQS and that this is JMHO. ;)

Well, I guess you gals could start a yahoo group, just put the address in your signature line, so the rest of us can follow you there. Then make it open to anyone so that we can all see what you are doing...likes and dislikes...etc. Then if we decided we want to buy, we will have a forum to go to. IMHO, I agree that they should have a forum for you all here....heck, APQS pushes Hartley products too, but they have forums for other "tools" and isn't that what this is? (oh my gosh....I am defending the computerized world....mark that one down in your books ;)).

I can see both sides to this topic.

For one APQS has set up forums in the past for CQ (yes they did at one time backed CQ as the computer for their machines, but no more since Quilt studio is comming...they say it's here on the home page but to date no one has been able to buy it or has shown us on the forum what it has produced quilt wise),Hartly Fence products and Circle Lord (which btw APQS does not sell).

So in the past APQS has set up forums like Debbie has suggested without it being an APQS official product.

I can also see how offering this could get out of hand with everyone wanting a forum specific spot here.

So how about a compromise...instead of having the forum listed as CQ rename it as the computer generated forum....

and intead of the circle lord forum rename it as the pattern board or stylus forum etc... this way all of the products will be recognized without the forum expanding or playing favorites to one specific brand over the other and still remain a free user friendly forum for all brands etc...which APQS has encourage in the past.

To me this solution would be a win win for everyone, because lets face it in this big world of ours we are individuals with different taste and likes and we like our toys ala cart, or a little of this with a little of that to custom fit to each of us. ;)

I never thought I'd see the day MB. :P:P

Several of you are exactly right. Other forums exist here that are not APQS sponsored products. So why is IQ any different???

There is a yahoo group and it is wonderful. I just thought it would be nice to separate the IQ posts from others on this forum. Simply because there seems to be more posts related to IQ all the time and most of us posting them are APQS owners.

Separating computerized posts in general is an even better idea. MQR has a computerized qulting forum and all brands are welcomed there. Doesn't matter if it is Statler, CQ, IQ or anything else on the market. All are equally welcome.

I don't have a CG set-up in the forseeable future, but the positive comments I see about the IQ system (Hi Meg!) have me pondering the idea. Any and all info is welcomed so one can make an informed decision--especially since the chance to see a demo of every system is impossible. Thanks for bringing this up, Debbi.

Thanks for bringing your IQ today Deb. Love, love, loved it!!!! I told my DH I have it on my Christmas List.

It was great seeing you again and all the girls and very nice to meet Virginia..........Hi there, Virginia! Now don't make yourself so invisible...;)

Thanks, Jewels for being such a gracious hostess and your DH for putting up with me last night and all day today. I truly appreciated it. Thanky you!

I'm ready to post some pics just as soon as I get them resized.... so check be in a few min. ;)

I Agree whole heartedly with the compromised request above, made by JoAnn!

I think it says ALOT that APQS would be willing to allow "talk" and "discussions" of products not necessarily manufactured by them. Heck, dont we discuss "Gadgets of all kinds?" Rulers, stencils, etc. and they are NOT made/owned by APQS.

That is the ONE reason I LOVE this site! We SHARE EVERYTHING! And, APQS allows us to do so. What a marvelous company to encourage and broaden our quilting horizons.

Thank you so much APQS!

I agree with JoAnn. What a great idea. I think this is the best forum on the net. We do discuss all kinds of "gadgets" and it does help to hear everyone's opinion and experience with the different tools out there. Afterall, aren't we all just trying to take our quilting to the next level? This forum is one of the reasons I chose my Millie. It has been a wealth of information on all kinds of tools and by many different machine owners. Thanks APQS for such a wonderul tool with this forum, open to all to help each other.

Oh Yea..Thanks so much Debbie for the demo today. OMG am I going to start saving. I'm going to have to stay out of the quilt shops and just use my "stash". That'll shock my DH. Oh no... I really felt like I was helping stimulate the economy.:D:D:D. Oh well...

I was a backwards computer dummy when I opened a yahoo site when BHG messed up a good site, lost many of our picts, chat threads.. and we had no where to go.. I found it very easy and we used it until someone else found a free site that they could set up with some help and moved there.

I still have the DMQS site for a particular brand of remodeled machines which we now use a more of a personal chat site than anything. We will have a few memebers who own one of the DMQS, I being one, who either are trying to sell them, if they run well, or would like to trash them for parts if not. The company is now out of business.

We just have fun. it's easy to do and so much fun once going.

RitaR

Very good point Connie. Getting a computerized system is a big investment and you need to spend time doing homework and comparision shopping. Personally, I started looking at computerized systems 3 years ago. I didn't like what I saw, so decided to wait awhile, thinking that the products would become more mature with time and I could do more than cookie cutter quilting.

Last year I started looking again, looking specifically for the features that were the most important to me. I looked at all of the systems available for my Millie. For me it came down to spending less money for IQ, getting a system that offers functionality above and beyond what I wanted and getting a system that I felt was superior to the other systems available for my Millie. The decision to go with IQ was agonizing but it was the best decision for me after doing all the homework, comparision shopping, etc.

I would recommend anyone looking to go computerized to ask questions, ask for demos, and most importantly, talk to quilters that already have the systems. Most of them will probably be quite candid about the good and bad points of each system. Anyone interested in IQ can go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/intelliquilter/ to get answers to your questions. You can also send me an email or U2U. I'm sure that anyone else that owns an APQS machine and IQ would also be willing to answer questions.

Personally, I don't think it's too much to ask for a forum that is dedicated to computerized quilting. Like it or not, there are several systems available to put on our machines. Not everyone will buy IQ, not everyone will buy Quilt Studio or and not everyone will buy CQ. Each person has to decide which system best meets their needs.

Regardless of the final decision that each person makes, I think it would be nice to come here and talk about the system we have, show pictures, share experiences with other APQS owners, etc. in a separate forum that is dedicated to computerized quilting in general, not just IQ as I originally was asking.

Archived