Ferreting Around - Book

My books have arrived and most of my pre-orders have been packed up and shipped. I know a lot of ladies from the list want copies and I will try and email everyone I've heard from. However I have now added paypal buttons to my web site so it can be ordered directly from there.

Thanks for all the support guys. Now back to the 12 quilt I have to bind before Tuesday!

Ferret

Congratulations on your books arriving! It is so exciting that you are now published because your work is really awesome!

Have fun binding those 12 quilts. I think I have that many or a few more to bind, but no deadline. Binding is the last thing to do and not my favorite:o. I keep telling my DD that we have to have a binding party! She starts on the opposite corner from me and we work around the quilt. Her stitches are small and she does an excellent job:D. I love when she helps me, but she has been working on her own embroidery.

I really hope they sell well. The cars all need us to spend money on them, but at the moment all the money is tied up in books. We are aiming to sell 200 at the show. More would be fantastic, less would be annoying. It's like buying a longarm. You spend the money and wait. You know you ant the machine but on the other hand it is a lot of money to invest. That usually works out though.

I have had the first customer feedback and it was positive :)

Fingers crossed.

Ferret

If you look, at the ordering link there it a picture of the cover, sorry I don't have it to hand to post, and well I am a bit rushed. The binding is going OK but I see some late nights.

I think the best way to describe the book is to show you this post,

http://ferfab.blogspot.com/2009/07/exciting-delivery.html

it tells you a bit about the book, also here,

http://ferfab.blogspot.com/2009/07/sample-quilt.html

is the quilt I am currently binding so I can hang it on the show. I can crop the edges for a photo but it doesn't work in real life.

My first customer comment is on this post,

http://ferfab.blogspot.com/2009/08/theyre-here-and-they-are-ready-to-go.html

She was very lucky to get hers so soon, it was mostly international ones that made the post that day, and who says I don't have days like that :)

I can't believe how much support I've had, and I don't know how to thank you all.

Binding calls, but I just had to check in with you guys

Ferret

Postage in the UK is insanely expensive. It's costing me between 8 and 9 pounds to post the book airmail, and no the book isn't that heavy. Within the UK is is 1.77 to post one copy or 4.47 to post two. I can't remember how much 3 in one package cost, but it was more than three single copies. I can't understand why it is so much cheaper to send a book from the US to the UK than the other way around.

As soon as funds permit I will produce a US edition, that will be a slightly different size which seems to be required by US distributors. The reason I didn't do that straight off is that they will cost more than twice the price of the UK version unless I can get them printed in the US and sent straight to a distributer. Complex isn't it.

Ferret

So many things I never thought about that are involved in a publication! Perhaps I can "smuggle" them back to the USA when I return from Scotland next month. :) Seriously, that might be something to think about. I'm not sure how I would get them from you, but we have a few weeks to try and figure something out. I fly in and out of Edinburgh.

I would be happy to mail them out from Philadelphia to the folks in the USA....as long as you autograph my book. :)

Archived