Will be missing the FOQ

Just wanted to let the girls that are going to the FOQ and meeting up with Linzi on the Friday for cakes, that I have had to cancel my trip.

My 82 yr old Mum was admitted to hospital yesterday. We are waiting for her to have a Scan. She has been losing weight for a while now, but the doctors had not found anything wrong, beside old age.

But this last couple of weeks she has not been able to eat very much and her weight has dropped dramatically and she is now only weighing around 7st 7 lbs, She used to be nearer 10stone. They have also now found a mass on her left side. They are not giving us any indication as what is going on, but we are worried of what it might be.

I am trying not to second guess until we get the results.

I hope you all have a great time at the FOQ and hope to be able to meet you all another time. Take plenty of photos and post them to the forum please :)

Oh dear, Kath! I know you were looking fwd to FOQ but this is a very important time for you to be at home with family. I will save you a cake... and I will be thinking of you at this worrying time.

Very best wishes to you and your family. I hope the docs can do whatever they can to help your Mum!

LINZI xx

Kath,

I hope your mum will be alright and that you don't have to worry too much. My mom is 83 and still living on her own, I think about the time I won't have her anymore and cringe! Take care of yourself and know that many of us here are thinking good thoughts and sending well wishes!

Kath,

I know how much you were looking forward to coming to Birmingham but you aren't going to miss out. I have my computer with me, my mobile internet connection. I have the camera and also the connection for uploading the pictures. I will try to send you some tomorrow after the show and also on Friday. I will take lots at Linzi Rockstars cake fest.

You have my mobile no so if you want me to pick anything up for you just shout.

Please don't worry too much about your Mum, she is in the best place to be taken care of. You know you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. Just pick up the phone when you need a chat.

Tracy

Kathy....I'm so sad to hear about your mum....it seems to be going around alot lately...mum's being sick and not knowing what is wrong. I am sending hugs and prayers to you and your family that the mass is something they can take care of soon and simply.

For those wondering what a stone weight is its....14 pounds....so her mother was about 140 before she started loosing and is now down to 107.8 pounds. I like this stone thing...I would only weight about 15 stones....sure sounds better than what it really is.

Thank you so much for all your kind words , and prayers. It is very comforting , to be able to come to the forum and chat.

Hopefully they will do the scan today, and we will find out what is going on.

Thank you once again. I will let you know the outcome !!!

Hi everyone

Its not something I normally do, but may I ask for your prayers for my Mum,

We have found out for definate today that the tumor she has is inoperable, and if it was the operation could be fatal in her weekend state.

The consultant could not give us any indication of what time we have left with her, except the tumor appears to have grown rapidly.

At the moment my Mum is not in any pain just weak with a little discomfort.

Next week the the Hospital will arrange for the pallitve care team to talk to us. Once that is in place my Mum will be going back to my sisters, as she has ground floor bedrooms. From what we understand the MacMillan nurses will be coming in to take care of Mums needs.

It is going to be a hard time, so thank you for letting me share this with you

Kath

Archived